Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Somebody want to join me in IBT and reduce the price .

• 31-07-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I'm new to motorcycles and want to start my IBT with AARON RIDER TRAINING, Finglas.
    check the vid from their website.

Normal price is €500 with school bike, but
    if we go together then: the price is €425.

I expect to start course in second half of August:
    Message me and will exchange mobile numbers.

Thanks
    maciek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

At what stage in training are you at now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mcorleone

Hi,
    I haven't started IBT yet. I want to do A category. I will get learning permit the following week after 7th August (appointment in NDLS)

Sb want to join?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You've done the theory test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Thats not good value

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mcorleone

Dear Sir,
    Price maybe is not good but value yes it is....I have been told from their vids clearly and in the concise way what I can expect, what they going to teach me, what skills I'm gonna get and how to progress.
    Where every other trainers have just their lousy websites with some ambiguously expressed thoughts and enclosed prices.

Before I rang them I was sold...
    Maciej

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

mcorleone wrote: »
    Dear Sir,
    Price maybe is not good but value yes it is....I have been told from their vids clearly and in the concise way what I can expect, what they going to teach me, what skills I'm gonna get and how to progress.
    Where every other trainers have just their lousy websites with some ambiguously expressed thoughts and enclosed prices.

Before I rang them I was sold...
    Maciej

Dear Sir, AKA windup merhcant

Clearly you are a few drops short of an oil change if you think that is good value.

Regards,

WB

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thats not good value

I beg to differ.. From Peter Bookey its good value for excellent tuition.

OP just be aware that Peter is taking an adventure ride over the Pyrenees in a few weeks. But if you get his partner you're doing just as good, he's busy instructing on an defence forces riders course atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There is a huge difference in prices being charged and level of training being given OP, dont confuse higher prices with better training is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    There is a huge difference in prices being charged and level of training being given OP, dont confuse higher prices with better training is all.

I know this guy and he is probably the most qualified bike instructor around. He is doing it a hell of a long time and trains the defence forces and gardai, if i had a choice as a total newbie id rather spend the extra few quid and go with him.

I know of 3 driving schools who do ibt and got their instructors trained up just so they could teach, these guys aren't bikers and imo are in no position to train riders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

aaakev wrote: »
    I know of 3 driving schools who do ibt and got their instructors trained up just so they could teach, these guys aren't bikers and imo are in no position to train riders

Yikes that's the first time I heard of that.

OP, whoever you do the IBT with I'm you will learn a lot. Hopefully afterwards you will join boards or some other group for a breakfast run :) Much to learn. I can show you how to order the perfect balance of sausages, rashers and egg.

• Advertisement

The more I think about it the more I'd be concerned about someone I know getting instructed by someone that isn't a real biker. Maybe 30% of that IBT is the stuff on paper. The rest is the trainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

The more I think about it the more I'd be concerned about someone I know getting instructed by someone that isn't a real biker. Maybe 30% of that IBT is the stuff on paper. The rest is the trainer.

It really is to be fair, i think anyone given the choice would feel better about learning from someone who made their passion their business than someone who has just added it to their existing business

That's it. There's experienced instructors (one in particular on this forum) that is passionate about biking and brings insights into riding bikes that these IBT manuals don't cover.

Advertisement