Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roddy Piper Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cardiac arrest has just popped up on a few pages. Jebus the poor man and his family.
    RIP Roddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

:(

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So sad :(

Must give the Roddy Piper DVD a watch over the weekend

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

F*ck. I'd been watching some of Piper's body of work the last while on the network, he was a pretty masterful heel.

As he once said to Hogan: "Do you think they would've loved you so much, if they hadn't hated me?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Not believing it till I'm sober

• Advertisement

Gutted by that, Just released by WWE and his legends contract. Also lost his podcast by the wankbags at podcast one.All thanks to Stone Cold apparently. I liked the guy, he seemed very content with his lot in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He was on the rich eisen show last week and he sounded and looked great. I'd only watched some of his stuff on the network recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

A pilot he did with Jesse Ventura... good for a laugh at the corniness. Two of my favorite wrestlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

We'll always have the bagpipes at Wembley in 92.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fook. RIP. Another legend gone. 61 is no age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

anothr great legend gone,more painful than dusty dare i say.

roddy piper the ultimate heel icon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Family statement says cardiac arrest in his sleep on Thursday night Friday morning found unresponsive. Better way to go than Dusty very sad either way. I haven't seen they live in nearly 20 years will pick it up tomorrow and laugh my ass off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was looking for one of my favourite Piper moments on Youtube but it doesn't appear to be on there any more. I'll have to go by memory. I believe it was the week after Shawn Michaels had Super Kicked Hogan and turned heel in 2005, so almost exactly ten years ago now.

Jericho was in the ring with Carlito and they were arguing about who would get to interview Michaels that night. Jericho insisted HBK would be on The Highlight Reel; Carlito said he would be on Carlito's Cabana. Jericho then dismissed that idea as he claimed The Highlight Reel was the original show.

And then Piper's theme hit and the place went crazy.

Piper: "Did I hear you correctly, Jericho? Did I hear you say that The Highlight Reel was the original deal? There's only one original around here - and you're looking at him!"

It was then he announced to a huge pop that Michaels would be appearing on Piper's Pit. And if I recall correctly, Michaels later that night laid him out with a Super Kick too in order to build his short-lived heel persona.

That moment always stuck in my head though because he had the fans actually popping not for a match later that night - but an interview. How many wrestlers in history could garner a huge reaction for that? And keep in mind this was years after he had retired. It just goes to show how over he really was. A bona fide legend and he will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

Family statement says cardiac arrest in his sleep on Thursday night Friday morning found unresponsive. Better way to go than Dusty very sad either way. I haven't seen they live in nearly 20 years will pick it up tomorrow and laugh my ass off.

go watch old tnt episodes on wwe network & see how epic roddy piper was.guys like him & randy savage were 2 of the grtest villains of all time.go watch tnt now pls

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Eccentric but one of the best characters to ever enter pro wrestling.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

http://youtu.be/c9rrgJXfLns

A classic fight scene in cinematography history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

I was looking for one of my favourite Piper moments on Youtube but it doesn't appear to be on there any more. I'll have to go by memory. I believe it was the week after Shawn Michaels had Super Kicked Hogan and turned heel in 2005, so almost exactly ten years ago now.

Jericho was in the ring with Carlito and they were arguing about who would get to interview Michaels that night. Jericho insisted HBK would be on The Highlight Reel; Carlito said he would be on Carlito's Cabana. Jericho then dismissed that idea as he claimed The Highlight Reel was the original show.

And then Piper's theme hit and the place went crazy.

Piper: "Did I hear you correctly, Jericho? Did I hear you say that The Highlight Reel was the original deal? There's only one original around here - and you're looking at him!"

It was then he announced to a huge pop that Michaels would be appearing on Piper's Pit. And if I recall correctly, Michaels later that night laid him out with a Super Kick too in order to build his short-lived heel persona.

That moment always stuck in my head though because he had the fans actually popping not for a match later that night - but an interview. How many wrestlers in history could garner a huge reaction for that? And keep in mind this was years after he had retired. It just goes to show how over he really was. A bona fide legend and he will be missed.

Found it: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x51fe9_wwe-raw-07-11-05-part-1_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Man my childhood has taken a hit in the last 12 months, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I am ****ing heartbroken, out of the four guys that made me love wrestling 3 of them have passed away, warrior macho and now roddy. I am legit gutted here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭catsbanter

Few days ago he was videoed by TMZ

youtube.com/watch?v=E8UyXmUbsS4

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Sad day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

RIP Roddy! A true icon in a business full of stars. Without Piper there was no Hogan, no Wrestlemania and no WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Brian Elliott

I hope people enjoy this long interview with Roddy as much as I enjoyed asking the wide-ranging questions. Re-published from Issue 84/85 of Fighting Spirit Magazine:

http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk/art/interviews/276/rip-roddy-piper-interview-with-the-hot-rod

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rip

My favourite wrestler from when I was a kid.

Only 61 ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

RIP Hot Rod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Games_top wrote: »
    heartbreaking news,loved the guy 2 death,f*** steve austin

Blaming Stone Cold? Do yourself a favour.

RIP Rowdy

Advertisement