Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online betting tax- bookies to avoid

Options
  • 31-07-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭

so tomorrow is the day

I joined 10bet yesterday and because of this new betting tax I get this

azj9sy.jpg

of course they should probably have known this when I joined but it appears they didnt after being onto livechat or maybe I should have?

any other online bookies not taking irish customers as a result of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Got an e-mail from Marathonbet yesterday,no longer accepting.

Pretty amazing how little news coverage there is about this,I can't find any recent articles about it.

Racebets is another

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

TheTorment wrote: »
    Racebets is another

might be ok after a while
    I got this from them

The Irish government are introducing a new on-line betting tax, that comes into affect on 01 Aug 2015. This requires all online bookmakers to hold an Irish remote gaming license. From that date, we cannot accept any further transactions from our Irish customers until we receive approval of our remote gaming license by the Irish regulatory body. This only applies to customers in the Republic of Ireland. Customers from Northern Ireland are not affected. The Irish regulatory body has advised us that it may take up to 12 weeks, before the granting of our remote gaming license. We are hopeful that the license will be granted, long before that. We currently hold licenses from the UK Gambling commission & the Maltese Gaming Authority, so the application process should be just a formality. If you do not want to keep your funds in your account, during this time period, we advise you to withdraw your funds before midnight 31 July 2015. If you decide to leave your account funded, do not worry as the full amount will be waiting for you when we receive the license and reopen our website to Irish customers. You can still withdraw funds, after 31st July, by contacting our service team and requesting that you wish to make a withdrawal. We would like to apologise, unreservedly, for this inconvenience. Our Irish racing markets will remain live, for customers outside of Ireland, while we wait for the license to be issued. RaceBets remains committed to Irish racing and we look forward to renewing our offer of racing markets for all Irish customers, as soon as possible.

32Red

• Advertisement

Sportingbet

Advertisement