Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: August 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That was my high today....20.3c. 16.4c atm and overcast. Only 0.2mm of rain in the last 24 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

DOCARCH wrote: »
    That was my high today....20.3c. 16.4c atm and overcast. Only 0.2mm of rain in the last 24 hours.

Well, we had no rain atall atall :)

What was the highest wind speed recorded in the storm out west - anyone know?

Anything higher than 64 knots reported here from Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yourself and Docarch always have to go 1 or 2 better :(

Sunny breezy day but never passed 19.6C. I blame the altitude.

17C atm moment and it's gotten overcast.

Actually I think if I lived a bit inland in Shankill I would annoy you more, I do the family shop in Bray and going to the supermarket on the M50 the warmest spot is usually about 1km past exit 16 on the M50 which is around Shankill. There and to a lesser extent, here, is definitely warmer and more sunny than most places in Dublin IMHO, many many times here has been a patch of blue overhead that's surrounded by cloud on all sides.

Any meteorology Phd students i encourage you do to a climate study on the area - i believe here is definitely the warmest place in Ireland in the summer (especially with winds between the S and W) and probably the sunniest in Dublin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Actually I think if I lived a bit inland in Shankill I would annoy you more, I do the family shop in Bray and going to the supermarket on the M50 the warmest spot is usually about 1km past exit 16 on the M50 which is around Shankill. There and to a lesser extent, here, is definitely warmer and more sunny than most places in Dublin IMHO, many many times here has been a patch of blue overhead that's surrounded by cloud on all sides.

Any meteorology Phd students i encourage you do to a climate study on the area - i believe here is definitely the warmest place in Ireland in the summer (especially with winds between the S and W) and probably the sunniest in Dublin.

Yeah, from endless travelling on the M50 in all seasons there are two areas where the temperature peaks in any southerly or westerly wind - on the M50 between J11 and J12 (essentially Knocklyon/Firhouse) and then again on the M11 between Shankhill and Bray.

It is a constant and very noticeable trend.

When we get warm summer easterlies, however, Tallaght remains the warmest but Bray/Shankill gets clobbered by the sea breeze and it's warmer up here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The best I can say about Tues 05-08-15 is that it is over. Top temp of 15.9C here near Tralee under grey sky and windy, down to 11.8C now. Lighting nightly fires are becoming a regular feature .

Raining again tonight although amounts small, heavier stuff to come .

• Advertisement

Aaagh! It's raining - or at least heavily drizzling (1.6mm so far); 13C - let the dog out and he went straight back to bed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun's out here (in Dublin 16). 15.7c atm. 1.4mm of rain earlier this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

9.2mm of rain last 24 hrs here near Tralee ( mostly overnight )

Feeling very mild this morning in near calm conditions with high humidity under a totally low cloudy sky, 16.0C now down from 16.8C earlier.

Place a bit squelchy this morning, last big shower around 9.00, very dark sky SW of me

Bar 999.8mm Falling Rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Renvyle Weather @ 09:40 UTC
    Running CumulusMX 3.0.0 3026 on a Raspberry Pi

Temperature: Current 12.7°C
    High: 12.8°C at 08:48
    Low: 10.9°C at 04:00
    This months high temperature: 16.7°C
    This months low temperature: 10.9°C
    Wind: Current average 5.5 km/h
    Max Gust: 24.1 km/h @ 00:18
    Windrun: 49.8 km
    Barometric: Current 1001.22 hPa Falling -0.45 hPa/hr
    High: 1004.57 hPa at 00:20
    Low: 1001.22 hPa at 09:34
    Rain: Today 6.4 mm
    Rainfall rate Max: 29.2 mm/hr at 00:19
    High Hourly Rainfall: 2.2 mm at 02:21
    Monthly Rain Fall: 24.6
    Program Uptime 0 days 11 hours

Details of this and more at http://www.renvyleweather.com

Join Ireland Weather Network

Persistent rain since about 10.30, sometimes heavy with another 8mm recorded in the manual gauge ( drove through the beginnings of a flood locally with water shooting up out of the manhole cover).

14.1C

Light wind with a Westerly aspect

Bar 1000.7 hPa Rising slowly

Clearance offshore here in the SW hopefully will come in before evening.

f3awHlG.jpg?1

• Advertisement

It's a classic "soft day"; mainly drizzle (2.2mm total so far); humid 16.5C (feels mild), occasionally the sun dries the ground than the drizzle sets in again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Intermittent rain with some heavier bursts. 13.2mm since Midnight.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Intermittent rain with some heavier bursts. 13.2mm since Midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

It was a wet morning in castlebar, its drying out now ,still rather cloudy,hopefully that clear patch out to the west moves in soon. 14 degrees, 1002, light northerly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Send boats to Limerick! Serious downpour there, extra dark and depressing for the duration.

Cloud lifting and lighter now, some blue patches to be seen W and N of me, dry since around 16.00 , just over 18 mm since midnight.

14.1C atm

Wind light and settling into a NW direction

Bar 1003.9mb Rising Rapidly

Fine morning after yesterday's murk; fresher.

Clear, sunny, light breeze and 13.4C after an overnight low of 11C.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Renvyle Weather @ 08:35 UTC
    Running CumulusMX 3.0.0 3027 on a Raspberry Pi

Temperature: Current 13.9°C
    High: 14.1°C at 08:24
    Low: 10.0°C at 02:29
    This months high temperature: 16.7°C
    This months low temperature: 10.0°C
    Wind: Current average 5.8 km/h
    Max Gust: 14.5 km/h @ 08:16
    Windrun: 10.4 km
    Barometric: Current 1010.19 hPa Rising 0.62 hPa/hr
    High: 1010.23 hPa at 08:34
    Low: 1006.06 hPa at 00:00
    Rain: Today 0.2 mm
    Rainfall rate Max: 0.0 mm/hr at 00:00
    High Hourly Rainfall: 0.2 mm at 07:25
    Monthly Rain Fall: 25.0
    Program Uptime 0 days 19 hours

Details of this and more at http://www.renvyleweather.com

Join Ireland Weather Network

Pleasant morning here near Tralee, 14.4C down from 15.9C earlier ( low 11.6C ), a bit cloudier overhead now, but good clear patches W and N of me

Small bit of rain overnight

RH 79%, down on yesterday and feeling fresher

Wind light W'ly

Bar 1012.7mb Rising Slowly

Mostly cloudy but calm for a change. Temp 16.2.

• Advertisement

Quite a nice day here (in Dublin 16). Mostly sunny. 20.0c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Partly cloudy in Galway city

Temp 16.7C from an earlier high of 17.1C
    RH 76%
    Gentle, F3 westerly breeze
    Rainfall last 24h 0.8 mm Last rainfall 2015-08-05 19:08

Barometer 1013.52 hPa Rising slowly 0.34 hPa/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Current data for Mayo/Roscommon border inaccurate
    6 Aug 2015 15:56:26

Temperature (°C):
    Current 16,3
    Trend (per hour) +0,2
    Average today 12,6
    Wind chill 15,9
    Heat Index 16,3
    Dew Point -6,1
    Rel Humidity 21%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 14,8 WSW
    Average Speed 12,1 WSW

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 0,9
    Total yesterday 11,4
    Total this month 28,2
    Total this year 349,8

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 990,5
    Trend (per hour) +0,3

www.joujoujou.com/weather

Nice enough, got up to 21 C here earlier in the sunshine this morning and early afternoon. Mostly overcast now but pleasant out and about all the same.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Nice day, mostly sunny, high 19.8C calm.

8.4C

Calm evening with good clear patches of sky.

Nice half Moon tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A bright, sunny morning in Galway city

Temp 14.3C from an overnight low of 7.9C
    RH 88%
    Rainfall last 24h 0.0 mm Last rainfall 2015-08-05 19:08

Barometer 1019.04 hPa Rising slowly 0.35 hPa/hr

Lovely morning , 19.3C currently, sea breeze already kicking in so we may have maxed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Glorious sunny day today in Galway! I will be off from work at 15:30, so I am going on a long walk in the city to enjoy the sun :)

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Lovely morning , 19.3C currently, sea breeze already kicking in so we may have maxed out.

All cloudy here due to what appears to be convergence as I can see clear blue skies to my east and west. 15.9c atm.

Advertisement