Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numb cock after a cycle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Last week I got the notion to go on a cycle of a few hundred kilometres down home over a few days on a road bike that's probably been a bit too small for me for a few years now.

I did notice on each of the three nights that everything was feeling a bit numb down there, but just put it down to the wet and cold and thought nothing more of it.

It's been five days since I finished the cycle, but unfortunately that's the only thing that's finished since then. My meat and two veg feel alien to me and it's starting to affect my sex life because I could set it on fire and still not feel a thing. It's practically dead to me, besides a few seconds of hope where I thought the flag was being raised only for it to be taken down for a day of mourning or something.

So, my question is whether something like this is normal and has anyone experienced this? It was the longest cycle of my life for a starter, but I didn't think 12 hours of cycling would cause almost a week of torture? Should I head to doctor, or just say a few prayers?
    Fantastic first post on a forum. I assume you're a regular in disguise :p

If being serious, I get this from time to time on long cycles, usually just taking your posterior off the saddle fora few seconds and doing some stretches on a downhill section or something gets the blood flow and feeling going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

5 years ago I did ring of kerry cycle with next to no training, I had done it a few times before but always trained in past .

This time tho I had a pain in the nuts after which didn't go away after a few months.

I bit bullet and went and got it looked into . After being groped and scanned it turned out to be ok and corrected itself but it's well worth for piece of mind getting everything looked after down there or anywhere .

Good luck op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah I've also encountered this, but not for a few years, especially after I bought a new bike. I'm tall.

See a doc for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

Will also look to get properly fitted in my LBS.

Great idea. Once they get your knob fitted, have them look at your bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭i_surge

I had it before after testing a saddle that didn't work for me. Partially numb for a week and then all back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Thanks for reopening this.

I've never had a problem down there, thank fook. But I've had blisters behind my nutsack when I was breaking in a Brooks B17.

I'd never heard of 'numb knob' and having read the link provided the thread has been useful to me at least.

So, anyone wanna buy two bicycles?.. :p

On a serious note, if the B17 was causing me blisters is it doing anything inside that I won't know about until its too late!.

I was in a hospital once. I think you need to cut it open and have a...what's the correct medical term for it...rummage to see what's up (or not!).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thanks for reopening this.

I've never had a problem down there, thank fook. But I've had blisters behind my nutsack when I was breaking in a Brooks B17....
    Even with a Brooks 17, I get a bit of numnbness on 300km+ rides but it usually goes away after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Never had any numbness after a cycle myself, surprised it's seemingly common. Would probably worry me pretty badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

1750W wrote: »
    Nothing to contribute to this thread other than it possibly has the best headline of any thread ever posted on boards.

If the thread title was changed from "Numb cock after a cycle" to "Numb cock after a Ride" it would be even better :p

To the OP: try the selle smp range of saddles along with a bike fit, worked for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Op i was in the same position as you but the only difference was that my small wee was bruised badly and wouldnt stop erecting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Oh Lordy what a great thread title. I was actually running through the parts of the bike in my head to figure out which part was the numb cock!!

I can't give any advice at all because I have a completely different anatomy down there (which has a its own set of problems in the saddle) but sorry for your troubles. I hope normal service resumes soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Mossy wrote: »
    Great idea. Once they get your knob fitted, have them look at your bike.
    what torque settings are recommended when tightening the knob?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Don't know about torque, but the angle of the dangle should be proportional to the throb of the knob.

Myself, can spend all day on the road with no problems, but put the same bike on the turbo and I'm numb after an hour. I assume this is because there is little shifting of weight and I never stand up on the turbo.

Hadn't thought of trying this before jumping in the sack , useful thread this.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

This is gas. There was a thread last week where some lad got a sore calf, locked before anyone could suggest cleat position adjustment. But member malfunction runs and runs!! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

I think hand-tight is recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I always thought cycling would be much easier if I didn't have a sausage and two mash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Unrelated but always struck me as strange that women get a lower cross bar than men even though it's the men that have the easily damaged dangling bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

superg wrote: »
    Unrelated but always struck me as strange that women get a lower cross bar than men even though it's the men that have the easily damaged dangling bits.

It was to facilitate skirts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

It was to facilitate skirts

Make's sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

It's way more common than you'd think/people admit to. As a bike fitter I hear of it at least from 6 out of 10 fits. A good bike fit will help a lot to ensure your weight is distributed right. Have put people with extreme cases of numbness onto SMP Saddles with great effect. Specialized Romins with a cutout are great too. Fiziks VSX Cutouts are garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

I bought an ISM Adamo last year. Best cycling related purchase so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Torque Settings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Last week I got the notion to go on a cycle of a few hundred kilometres down home over a few days on a road bike that's probably been a bit too small for me for a few years now.

I did notice on each of the three nights that everything was feeling a bit numb down there, but just put it down to the wet and cold and thought nothing more of it.

It's been five days since I finished the cycle, but unfortunately that's the only thing that's finished since then. My meat and two veg feel alien to me and it's starting to affect my sex life because I could set it on fire and still not feel a thing. It's practically dead to me, besides a few seconds of hope where I thought the flag was being raised only for it to be taken down for a day of mourning or something.

So, my question is whether something like this is normal and has anyone experienced this? It was the longest cycle of my life for a starter, but I didn't think 12 hours of cycling would cause almost a week of torture? Should I head to doctor, or just say a few prayers?

Thankfully never experienced anything of the sort, even after 200km cycles and I'm on the stock saddle that came with the bike. I did have numbness around my foot for a long time but that waa down to a serious back injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

What has worked for me ..using a fizik ardea I had it setup spirit level flat = Pain as described.

So thanks to the advice from one of the guys at 360 Cycles clontarf who spotted the spirit level issue ...thus he dropped the Fizik's front down by a few degrees ..which has made my life below a lot more happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

how's your mickey now OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

philstar wrote: »
    how's your mickey now OP?

It's now called minnie instead of mickey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Uncomf, I wonder whether this problem might be solved in the same way as the sore arse of the poster a week or so ago, who brought his bike back to the fitter in the shop, and the fitter adjusted the saddle height and angle, solving the problem?

Bike fitter I went to yesterday for advice on what bike to buy for my tiny size and weird shape said you'd be amazed at how many people he sees riding bikes that are simply utterly wrong for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

ISM Adamo Prologue ftw for me even with the stem slammed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP, try putting deep heat* on your mickey that should help bring back sensation to it

*seriously

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP has not been online in nearly a year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement