Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band 3 - just got called

• 01-08-2015 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi guys

Long story short . I applied for the campaign along with tom dick and harry .

After testing got placed to band 3 number 10000 knew my chances were slim didnt think much of it .

Got an email to head over to my account in public jobs low and behold a message of invite to complete more testing on august 25th .

Complete shock wasnt the word . Know i probably dont have a chance though still .

Anyone know anyone who got to band 3 and got called . I havent kept upto date with this all since i got placed with band 3 will i be placed in another band maybe or what ???

Many thanks

HSE1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

WTF? Are they recruiting again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Band 2 and 3 are being retested and those who qualify again will be allocated a new place and PAS will call from the top of that list people as they need them to do stage 3 which is supervised tests and a report writing exercise.

When Band 1 was called to do the second at home online test like the one you will do on the 25th only 3,100 made it through out of 5,000. As all of these 3,100 have been brought through stage 3 at least (possibly stage 4 - interviews) they are now focusing on Bands 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Band 2 and 3 are being retested and those who qualify again will be allocated a new place and PAS will call from the top of that list people as they need them to do stage 3 which is supervised tests and a report writing exercise.

When Band 1 was called to do the second at home online test like the one you will do on the 25th only 3,100 made it through out of 5,000. As all of these 3,100 have been brought through stage 3 at least (possibly stage 4 - interviews) they are now focusing on Bands 2 and 3.

Band 2 & 3 to stage 2. Personally I reckon they'll be lucky of half actually do the stage. It could be Christmas before you hear about stage 3.
    The numbers from band one got smaller or so they said as it went on so I'm guessing it's the same now.
    I had a friend ring me last night wondering of he'd bother that he has 1 year left in college and is happy with what he's doing.
    There's a class starting in October from the last of band one and some who await their vetting. I've also heard of another class for early in the new year band one I'm assuming.
    My opinion is they'll be lucky to fill 2-3 classes from bands 2 &3 before needing to start a new campaign.
    Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Band 2 & 3 to stage 2. Personally I reckon they'll be lucky of half actually do the stage. It could be Christmas before you hear about stage 3.
    The numbers from band one got smaller or so they said as it went on so I'm guessing it's the same now.
    I had a friend ring me last night wondering of he'd bother that he has 1 year left in college and is happy with what he's doing.
    There's a class starting in October from the last of band one and some who await their vetting. I've also heard of another class for early in the new year band one I'm assuming.
    My opinion is they'll be lucky to fill 2-3 classes from bands 2 &3 before needing to start a new campaign.
    Thoughts?

I agree, only 12,000 passed stage 1 so that means 7,000 are now being invited to stage 2 as I assume PAS believe that a lot of those 7,000 may not be interested due to new commitments or jobs that have come along in the 18 months since they all first applied...

Band 1 was 5,000 people and 3,100 passed stage 2 out of them, and there were high numbers not showing up to stage 3 and 4 which is partly why band 1 has been finished so fast.

I imagine they will get 4,000 max out of the last two bands that they will invite to stage 3, then some won't go to stage 3 as they'll decide the garda isn't something that they want...

I'm curious to see how it all goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

newmug wrote: »
    WTF? Are they recruiting again?

I was just as surprised as you are

Cheers for the info folks much appreciated

HSE1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Yeah same, I was in Band 2 and got a text for Public Jobs yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

When did you guys apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

newmug wrote: »
    When did you guys apply?

Its still the old 2013 drive relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I wonder how many people didnt bother going forward with the competition after the first few stages? Just shows how fast numbers can drop from the twenty five thousand applicants......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

carzony wrote: »
    I wonder how many people didnt bother going forward with the competition after the first few stages? Just shows how fast numbers can drop from the twenty five thousand applicants......

Id say a heap of them only applied the first time around because their mothers made them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

Well seems band 2 are completing more testing to .

Hope i do well . I suppose whats for you wont pass you . But best wishes to all of us . Im gonna keep practicing the tests see how i do

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Keno9407

Anyone have an idea of the time frame for stage 3 or when they might go to the college for those who pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭danbag1989

Keno9407 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of the time frame for stage 3 or when they might go to the college for those who pass?

Nope, nobody is going to know until its released unfortunately :/ Would like to know myself, I saw someone mentioned in a comment in a different thread that they thought it would be for 2017, Im not sure what they based it on as there is no official date that Im aware of, so prob just speculation.

Advertisement