Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto-Standby extension lead

Options
  • 01-08-2015 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a bricks&mortar shop where I can get an auto-standby extension lead (i.e. one socket is always-on master, and the others are switched off if the device on the master is switched off). Something like this.

I've tried maplins, pcworld, harvey norman, did, woodies etc and none of them stock anything like it, just generic cheapo ones which I'm already overflowing with. B&Q have a couple of masterplug ones but the reviews all say they have a habit of failing fairly quickly.

My logic here is that I've a DVD player hooked up to a PC monitor and speakers, and I'd like the whole lot to get switched off when I put the DVD in standby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I dont know a physical store that sells these. But I did get these before not exactly like yours they looked like a tripple adapter, Belkin made them, they were very good , had a bit more to them than the unit you linked.

I got them in
    Www.Cpc.co.uk

Advertisement