Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual Issue with new Eircom Efiber Modem & Xbox One with Skype

Options
  • 01-08-2015 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I thought I would let eircom customers know of an unusual bug i'm having. If i'm using my xbox one with the original efiber modem I was given it works fine, however the moment I use skype with the kinnect camera it will crash the efiber router, causing it to restart.  It can be done on command, I can use skype on any other device and I can use any other computer in the house with no issues.

I have a spare unbranded VDSL modem/router that i'm using and it dosn't have the same issue. I thought I would mention it here incase anybody may be suffering the same type of issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Danjalical wrote: »
    I thought I would let eircom customers know of an unusual bug i'm having. If i'm using my xbox one with the original efiber modem I was given it works fine, however the moment I use skype with the kinnect camera it will crash the efiber router, causing it to restart.  It can be done on command, I can use skype on any other device and I can use any other computer in the house with no issues.

I have a spare unbranded VDSL modem/router that i'm using and it dosn't have the same issue. I thought I would mention it here incase anybody may be suffering the same type of issue.
    Thanks for sharing this Danjalical

Glad you found an alternative

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement