Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc for gaming

Options
  • 01-08-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,I would like to build a pc in a few months for some gaming but mainly Rocksmith guitar software
    1. What is your budget? [€800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Rocksmith

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] Plan to use with a new Hd tv if this isn't a problem]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [no.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [/No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? 2-3 months]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? no

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i3 4160 €120
    R9 280X €230
    8gb RAM €55
    1tb HDD €55
    BitFenix case €50
    500w PSU €60
    H97 board €80
    250gb SSD €90
    Total €740

Windows 10 key is €30 from Reddit

Any questions ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Any questions ask away

Sorry to threadjack, but i cannot find this anywhere on Reddit??

I haven't seen them myself but heard reports, hold on I'll find a link if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

i3 4160 €120
    R9 280X €230
    8gb RAM €55
    1tb HDD €55
    BitFenix case €50
    500w PSU €60
    H97 board €80
    250gb SSD €90
    Total €740

Any questions ask away

Hey,thanks for the input.
    Would I need any cooling parts or would they come as fans already on the gpu?
    Also,how upgradeable would this be down the line?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

No worries. All the fans you need are included.

You can add any of the current high end Intel CPUs to it, the new line is launching in two days but there's not much upgrade so I don't think it's worth waiting for. Best CPU for this board is an i7 4790k. Just a straight swap for that, in and out.

GPUs can be readily swapped, you take one out, uninstall the drivers, hop your upgrade in and install the new drivers, done. 500w is enough for all the regularly priced cards, as far as an AMD Fury or GTX 980. In future you won't be upgrading to those so it's hard to call that.

PSU can easily be upgraded if you need to with the GPU.

HHD and SSD you just plug them in, should be able to accommodate 6.

Board can take up to 32gb RAM, you'll not need that for a long time for gaming, it's just plug and play.

You won't need a new motherboard unless you're getting a newer line of CPU, and even then all the old parts will be compatible with the new motherboard

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

No worries. All the fans you need are included.

You can add any of the current high end Intel CPUs to it, the new line is launching in two days but there's not much upgrade so I don't think it's worth waiting for. Best CPU for this board is an i7 4790k. Just a straight swap for that, in and out.

GPUs can be readily swapped, you take one out, uninstall the drivers, hop your upgrade in and install the new drivers, done. 500w is enough for all the regularly priced cards, as far as an AMD Fury or GTX 980. In future you won't be upgrading to those so it's hard to call that.

PSU can easily be upgraded if you need to with the GPU.

HHD and SSD you just plug them in, should be able to accommodate 6.

Board can take up to 32gb RAM, you'll not need that for a long time for gaming, it's just plug and play.

You won't need a new motherboard unless you're getting a newer line of CPU, and even then all the old parts will be compatible with the new motherboard

Wow,what a thorough answer,I have plenty to go on there.Thanks a
    million!

Advertisement