Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Cooling

Options
  • 01-08-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, My build is around 6 months old and think I might overclock soon,
    I5 4690k
    asus z97-pro board
    evga gtx970 ftw
    zalman z9 case
    I currently have a cooler master hyper 212 evo, and think I might need to upgrade.
    The case im using means the choice of coolers is not that wide and I don't think I can fit in a unit with a pair of fans.
    I have found the cooler master nepton 140xl on pc part picker but I have genuinely no clue, any opinions? Is my current cooler enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Should be enough to start a clock anyways.

Seeing as you're doing it for curiousity rather than a need I don't think there's huge need in investing in a kit

Are you going to push the GPU too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I didn't plan on doing anything with the gpu as the clock is 1216 base and 1367 boost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Maybe not, clocks are high already.

Chance the air cooler and see how you get on. You won't do damage as long as you're careful anyways

Advertisement