Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais

Options
  • 01-08-2015 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I am renting an apartment in Fairview, Dublin since Oct 14. In Jan 15 i received a bill from the estate agency from Bord Gais for an etimate of 800 euro, i called Bord Gais and told them that we did not have gas feeding anything in the apartment.
    I was told that there was a gas feed to the apartment so i would need to open an account for somebody to sort it out for me. I opened an account with bord Gais, a bord gais employee cam out to look and confirmed that there is a gas feed but it is feeding nothing. I have now received a bill for a standing charge of 24c per day since last October for simply having a gas metre even though it is not being used. I dont intend to pay this Bill but I am worried it may affect me down the road if I do need Bord Gais. Has anyone else come across this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pay the bill (as you should) and then close off the gas connection (with your landlord's permission). We were in a similar situation many years ago when we moved into an apartment with a gas connection that was only used for a fire. We didn't see the need for it and got the connection turned off.

Advertisement