Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Bugaboo Material

Options
  • 01-08-2015 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Ok, have Bugaboo cream and blue version. Want to give it a wash as it is well used. I am looking to wash the foot muff and the cream material. It says machine washable and everything on it

I have tried on hand wash in washing machine. Still dirty

Tried a delicate wash and still very dirty

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I wash mine on a 30 degree wash with plenty of detergent. I use an eco egg for most washes but the buggy material needs something stronger, probably because it's out and exposed so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Have you tried vanish on it?? I'll be freshening up mine soon .It's also a cream one so all tips appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Have you tried vanish on it?? I'll be freshening up mine soon .It's also a cream one so all tips appreciated

Havent tried vanish yet....was hoping standard detergent would work.....not so far

lazygal wrote: »
    I wash mine on a 30 degree wash with plenty of detergent. I use an eco egg for most washes but the buggy material needs something stronger, probably because it's out and exposed so much.

What do you set your machine to? Wools? Synthetics?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    What do you set your machine to? Wools? Synthetics?

Its a 30 degree synthetic wash. Takes about 1.5 hours.

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    Its a 30 degree synthetic wash. Takes about 1.5 hours.

Thanks, going to try that....hopefully it will work, will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I would wash it using aldi Almatt bio powder detergent. It is great stuff. If it is very dirty I would soak it first in the dissolved detergent then wash it in machine and you could wash it then in a non bio if you are worried about baby's skin.

I used to soak vests in it after a number 2 explosion and then wash it them in fairy. I have never had to throw away a vest yet!!!
    ;)

Ok, bit of update. I washed it on Synthetic wash 30 degree 600 spin at weekend. Put nearly a full cup of washing power. Standard Ariel or something. Not sure what it is.

Sat and waited and hoped it wouldn't all fall apart.

So came out clean. Not prefect. Was actually thinking of putting it in again but said I wouldn't bother. It was dirty now mind you, especially the foot muff. So it has come up very clean so I am happy. There is only a couple of marks on it and really you wouldn't notice unless you knew they where there....

Advertisement