Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD FX 6300 and GTX 960??!

Options
  • 01-08-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Was planning on getting a gaming pc months ago but money constraints meant I had to forego it for a while! Have some spare change kicking about at the minute and noticed I could build what looks like a good pc for about 600 all in. This build would feature an AMD Fx 6300 and a 2GB GTX 960! any opinions on whether these are a good mix of components and what sort of performance would be expected?! any advice on different processors or graphics card would also be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

An i3 4160 would be a better CPU than the 6300, you should still be able to fit it into budget

R9 280X is better GPU (slightly) but there isn't a huge difference in them

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bassface93

And what kind of performance would you expect? I'm mainly looking to play slightly older games like ones I didn't get to play on ps3/Xbox 360 and the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You'll be able to play the likes of GTAV or The Witcher at Med-High 60fps, so pretty good performance

Advertisement