Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly expenditure - Letterkenny

Options
  • 01-08-2015 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am planning to move to Letterkenny next month and wanted to get some information before I decide on the move with my family. This might have already been answered by someone in forum but appreciate if you can please answer my anxious queries or point me in the right direction(Thanks!)
    So the queries:
    1. Monthly rent for 2 bedroom flat/house(moving with spouse + 2 kids)?
    2. Monthly gas + water+ electricity bills for normal usage?
    3. Monthly groceries cost for family on a normal basis?
    4. Monthly TV + internet connection + Mobile phone connection for 2 people?
    5. Monthly car expenditure?
    6. Any other expenditure not listed above

Effectively, I am trying to understand the total monthly expense for all the above so that I can plan for personal finances based on the expenditure.
    Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Honestly, I'd say you'd get a nicer place if you looked for a 3 bedroom house, rather than a two bedroom flat. You'd be able to get quite a nice 3 bed for €550-€600 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

makuashu wrote: »
    Hi,

I am planning to move to Letterkenny next month and wanted to get some information before I decide on the move with my family. This might have already been answered by someone in forum but appreciate if you can please answer my anxious queries or point me in the right direction(Thanks!)
    So the queries:
    1. Monthly rent for 2 bedroom flat/house(moving with spouse + 2 kids)?
    2. Monthly gas + water+ electricity bills for normal usage?
    3. Monthly groceries cost for family on a normal basis?
    4. Monthly TV + internet connection + Mobile phone connection for 2 people?
    5. Monthly car expenditure?
    6. Any other expenditure not listed above

Effectively, I am trying to understand the total monthly expense for all the above so that I can plan for personal finances based on the expenditure.
    Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    To be brutally honest No. 1 above is the only thing that may not be a constant compared to where you currently reside. All your usual outgoings for things such as foodstuff , phone/BB, tv, utilities etc are all costing pretty much the same no matter what part of the country you reside in.

Renting a house or an apartment isnt that different either but obviously the type of house and location in and around Letterkenny will vary a bit.

Monthly cost to run a car around Letterkenny? Same as anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Would probably help to know where the OP is coming FROM as well, I suppose.....I suspect it's not a different part of Ireland, but could well be?

Potentially helpful website; http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Ireland&city=Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I suspect it's not a different part of Ireland, but could well be?
    Aye, fair point. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 makuashu

Thanks muffler and dwayneshintzy for the prompt responses.

Actually I forgot to mention that I am moving from India to Letterkenny and so am not aware of the monthly expenses while living in Letterkenny, though had spent couple of years staying in Swindon, Wiltshire, England.
    Would appreciate if you can point me to some earlier posts if you know that gives fair understanding of cost of living in Letterkenny for a family with kids.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement