Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a dump in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-08-2015 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

We are thinking of getting a skip but family member in Waterford brings stuff in the car for 20 quid ... is there such a place here? We have rubble and stuff but defo not enough to fill a skip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

etymon wrote: »
    We are thinking of getting a skip but family member in Waterford brings stuff in the car for 20 quid ... is there such a place here? We have rubble and stuff but defo not enough to fill a skip

Plenty, like Ballyogan here:
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/wasteservices/findit/ballyoganrecyclingpark/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,614 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

etymon wrote: »

Ringsend, Ballyogan and Ballymount.

Not dumps but recycling centres that take non-recyclable waste. Charge depends on size of vehicle but €20 would be about right for stuff brought in a car

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Ballymont near tallagh is cheaper than ballyogan

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Ringsend, Ballyogan and Ballymount.

Not dumps but recycling centres that take non-recyclable waste. Charge depends on size of vehicle but €20 would be about right for stuff brought in a car

a car load is 30 euro at Ballyogan

a car load is 30 euro at Ballyogan

Aye. It's 15 in Ringsend. Trailer makes it more expensive again.

20 was just a guide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

How do these work? Can I arrive with black bags of rubbish/recyclables, or do I have to keep everything separate? Is it only recyclables they accept?

OldBean wrote: »
    How do these work? Can I arrive with black bags of rubbish/recyclables, or do I have to keep everything separate? Is it only recyclables they accept?

They usually just charge by vehicle size. If you have a lot it makes no sense to bring in the recyclables at the same time as they'd be free.

The recycling centres mentioned take black bags of rubbish for a fee. They accept recyclables free of charge so it makes sense to separate them.

The info on the aforementioned sites:

DLRCC: Ballyogan

DCC: Ringsend, North Strand

SDCC: Ballymount

I don't think either of the sites in Fingal take general household rubbish. Bulky waste and household hazardous waste but not general household (non-recyclable) waste

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What about the place in Santry Opposite DCU, not sure what kind of rubbish they take, but you can bring it by the car load.

What about the place in Santry Opposite DCU, not sure what kind of rubbish they take, but you can bring it by the car load.

That's be the Collins Avenue Bring Bank. They mostly take recyclables, waste cooking oil, glass, and garden/green waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

That's be the Collins Avenue Bring Bank. They mostly take recyclables, waste cooking oil, glass, and garden/green waste.

Okay cool. I thought they took household waste too. I used to see lots of the council vans go in there, after they emptied the street bins.

Okay cool. I thought they took household waste too. I used to see lots of the council vans go in there, after they emptied the street bins.

They might do. I know something similar happens in Rathmines as well but they don't take household rubbish there.

Advertisement