Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for professional push mower.

Options
  • 01-08-2015 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent rough cutting mower. I worked for 20 years as a professional gardener but that was 15 years back and things change over time and few of the professional push mowers suitable for cutting rough areas of grass are still available so I'm looking for suggestions.

I don't want anything with a grass box. All I need to do is cut small areas of rough grass, I have a bigger mower that does most of the work but need something to cut the corners, edges and areas with spring bulbs.

Only thing I can find that fits the bill is the Hayter Hayterette which will do the job but I have used one before and never really liked it. So has anyone got any suggestions for a suitable machine.

I don't mind paying a good bit because I don't intend to be buying another small mower, previously I've been using a cheap <€200 push mower and replaced it every 3 or 4 years.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

Hayterette is where it is at. Other than than look for lawnmowers with discs and replaceable blades underneath like a Rover.
    The disc is the key as it prevents you bending the crankshaft and it keeps momentum when you hit something.

Advertisement