Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 wont play facebook Vids??

Options
  • 01-08-2015 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I did the install today and updated my flash player. Yet it will not play the vids.

It played them perfectly on windows 7 yesterday.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

I did the install today and updated my flash player. Yet it will not play the vids.

It played them perfectly on windows 7 yesterday.

Any ideas?
    Which browser? You don't need to upgrade Flash for either IE11, Edge or Chrome (Flash updates are handled by Windows Update for IE11 and Edge, and by Chrome itself).

Are you getting an error message, or just a black box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Thanks. Went back to Windows 7.

Could not be bothered with change this week.

Now everything is running perfect(and faster) again

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Bayberry wrote: »
    Which browser? You don't need to upgrade Flash for either IE11, Edge or Chrome (Flash updates are handled by Windows Update for IE11 and Edge, and by Chrome itself).

Are you getting an error message, or just a black box.

I upgraded yesterday, and also have this problem. The screen just goes black when I hover over it, and refuses to play. Any help appreciated, and remember I am a bit of a gob****e.

maudgone wrote: »
    I upgraded yesterday, and also have this problem. The screen just goes black when I hover over it, and refuses to play. Any help appreciated, and remember I am a bit of a gob****e.

Do you have Flash turned off, by any chance?

In Edge, click on the 3 dots at the top right, select Settings, then scroll down and click on View Advanced Settings. There's a button in there to turn Flash On or Off. With it Off, you just get a black box where a flash video would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Bayberry wrote: »
    Do you have Flash turned off, by any chance?

In Edge, click on the 3 dots at the top right, select Settings, then scroll down and click on View Advanced Settings. There's a button in there to turn Flash On or Off. With it Off, you just get a black box where a flash video would be.

Flash is turned on.

• Advertisement

maudgobne wrote: »
    Flash is turned on.

Are you seeing it on all sites, or just facebook?

What do you see just to the right of the block of text above the table of versions here:
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Is anyone experiencing slow browsing speed with chrome?

Father just bought a brand new Acer yesterday and was prompted to upgrade . Now the thing is slower than his 7 year old dell laptop ....

Why has microsoft not ironed these problems out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Is anyone experiencing slow browsing speed with chrome?

Father just bought a brand new Acer yesterday and was prompted to upgrade . Now the thing is slower than his 7 year old dell laptop ....

Why has microsoft not ironed these problems out?

I'm not experiencing any slowdown in chrome.

Advertisement