Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stay There! with Miriam - 1st August 2015 9:40pm

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Isn't Cork the real capital of Ireland anyways?

*waits to be thrown out*

The actual capital is decent at GAA. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I was in the audience for a recording of 'The Panel' one night, and Chris Eubank was a guest.

Sometimes he made insighful comments, other times he spoke rambling nonsense. At one point he pointed out his dentist was in the audience, and insisted that Dara O'Briain interview him. Eventually a spare chair was found and Dara did the interview with the dentist (who was a good character, clearly well used to Eubank's whimsy.)

It was brilliant, messy and spontaneous. Everyone was falling around laughhing. But RTE cut out the dentist from the edit completely. You had to be there, but it would have made great telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I prefer Nicola to Sarah - and I prefer "Sticks + Stones" to the song that Sarah sung tonight.

(I prefer them to Cheryl and her songs, too, but I think that goes without saying. :o:o:D;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    I was in the audience for a recording of 'The Panel' one night, and Chris Eubank was a guest.

Sometimes he made insighful comments, other times he spoke rambling nonsense. At one point he pointed out his dentist was in the audience, and insisted that Dara O'Briain interview him. Eventually a spare chair was found and Dara did the interview with the dentist (who was a good character, clearly well used to Eubank's whimsy.)

It was brilliant, messy and spontaneous. Everyone was falling around laughhing. But RTE cut out the dentist from the edit completely. You had to be there, but it would have made great telly.

Did he talk about his show 'Youth Hostelling With Chris Eubank'? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Did he talk about his show 'Youth Hostelling With Chris Eubank'? :pac:

Everyone queued up to shake hands with him and get autographs/selfies afterwards.

He felt I had cut in ahead of a young woman (in the queue) and he stopped me and gave me a lecture on manners and gentlemanly behaviour for about two minutes.** I thought he might hit me at one point, but it was all resolved amicably.

Honestly, I am not making this up. I would love to hang around with him for a few days, it would never be dull.

** She cut in infront of me, but you should try explaining that to Chris Eubank when he is telling you off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hey efb.

You've missed the best part of tonight's show, unfortunately... :o:o

what I miss???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

efb wrote: »

what I miss???

You missed the guy who said "Seán Óg Ó hAilpín - his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold." :D:D:);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

monkey9 wrote: »
    That was truly a very very awful song.
    Song? What song all I heard was screeching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Berserker wrote: »
    He speaks very well for a boxer. Most struggle to put two sentences together. Dodgy ground there Miriam, talking about travellers fighting.
    Their fists do the talking ;) Talking about speaking properly and sentences, your first two sentences should have been put in one sentence ;)

Advertisement