Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I bring my phone to any Apple Store Genius Bar

• 01-08-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

My iPhone 6 has the misaligned front camera and now the screen is clicking when pressed. I'm in the UK next week and was wondering if I can book a slot at any Genius Bar?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

xabi wrote: »
    My iPhone 6 has the misaligned front camera and now the screen is clicking when pressed. I'm in the UK next week and was wondering if I can book a slot at any Genius Bar?

Is that a thing? I think I have the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

You can go to any Genius Bar in any apple store yes it doesn't matter if you didn't buy the device there once it's an apple device.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seankb

I had to book an appointment with them but had no issue just rang apple and organised it with where I was going in the uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

And If it warrants a replacement, will they have any issue with it being tied to an Irish operator?

godtabh wrote: »
    Is that a thing? I think I have the same thing

Know issue apparently, have a Google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seankb

They issued a replacement on mine no issue at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

xabi wrote: »
    Know issue apparently, have a Google

My camera looks like a half moon. Only noticed in the last week

godtabh wrote: »
    My camera looks like a half moon. Only noticed in the last week

Same here, along with a lot of others too apparantly, they should fix it if it's within the first year.

bought it on launch day so need to get that sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

They'll replace it even if it's water damaged and has the camera crescent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Every 6 I've seen has it to some degree, mine included. Not one has experienced any impact on image quality. I've been debating on exchange or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

Not a 6 Plus problem?

I've just sent in a service request. The mute button also appears to be failing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

When are appointments normally released? Or will there be anything with the new phone out this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

zeromedic wrote: »
    Not a 6 Plus problem?

After 6 months my space grey 6 plus has started to show the crescent moon issue...

Advertisement