Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card fraud

Options
  • 01-08-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    I just noticed a paypal charge dated today on my bank statement .
    Though I do have the debit card associated with my paypal account, I did not make the transaction.
    To see if my paypal account was compromised, I check the payal transaction history and there is nothing there.

Called the bank and they will be blocking the card. They will also send me a form which I need to sign and get stamped by Gardai and return to them.

Is there anything else I should do to expedite the investigation.
    Do banks refund the money? Anyone ever got the money back?
    How long will this whole process take?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nothing more you can do.

No one here can tell you if you'll get your money back: only the bank can. If they feel it's genuine fraud, you will. If they feel you've been negligent with your card/details or not, then they may not.

The process will vary from bank to bank, and the workloads of their fraud teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

A few months ago I had a similar experience.

I contacted the bank, who could tell me nothing useful. Then I contacted Paypal, and they said they would look into it. Very quickly (I don't remember exactly, but it was the same day or the following one) they contacted me to tell me that they had reversed the transaction, and that it would show up in my CC statement in a few days - which it did.

Paypal suspended my account until I went through a validation process of some sort. What sort, I don't know, because I didn't bother.

It might be that your problem was different, that somebody managed to associate a different Paypal account with your CC.

Advertisement