Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are landlords required to provide kitchen items?

Options
  • 02-08-2015 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi

I am about to rent a new accommodation and in all my other houses that I have rented kettles, toasters, plates, cups, mobs, brushes etc were provided. Could you please advice or direct me to a page that would answer this? The letting agent said that landlords do not have to supply these but I am just curious.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Empsey wrote: »
    Hi

I am about to rent a new accommodation and in all my other houses that I have rented kettles, toasters, plates, cups, mobs, brushes etc were provided. Could you please advice or direct me to a page that would answer this? The letting agent said that landlords do not have to supply these but I am just curious.

Thanks in advance

They are not obliged to provide any of the above

Citizens information and renting in a Google search will answer this

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Anyone know if a washing machine should be supplied in a unfurnished house.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes it should again citizens information has mandatory items listed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Here is the list of required items in every rented abode in Ireland.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html#l629ff

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Empsey wrote: »
    I am about to rent a new accommodation and in all my other houses that I have rented kettles, toasters, plates, cups, mobs, brushes etc were provided.
    While these would be recommended in short-term lettings, there is no obligation to provide them in any letting, unless they are included in a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No need for them to provide cutting utensils, cutlery, plates bins etc. Most do, some don't, we had to get everything in our current place. Fridge, combination oven microwave was provided and a few items of furniture. We have access to a shared coin operated washing machine/dryer. Not sure on that one a the rules say, access must be provided, which I guess we have. Lol.

Advertisement