Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to increase the fps of your rifle

Options
  • 02-08-2015 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey,

Just wondering what's the easiest way to bump up the fps of your gun?

I have 2 guns now, an SG which out of the box clocks 314 fps, which is great, but more recently I've bought an m4 which is stuck down in the 260ish fps. It has a longer barrel, tight bore etc, and I'm wondering what's the best way forwards.

It can take lipo batterys (high torque gearbox, at least that's what they told me!) So I'm wondering would that be the most simple way out of it? As in get a higher voltage batter to bump up the guns fps.

Or will I have to go changing springs?

Or indeed, is there another method I don't know about? I'd love to push this gun up to around the same as my older one because I can see a difference in the range straight away, and even tho the m4 is much more accurate up to a certain distance, it drops off earlier.

This is all with the standard pellets (0.2g I think?).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Mickmac91 wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering what's the easiest way to bump up the fps of your gun?

I have 2 guns now, an SG which out of the box clocks 314 fps, which is great, but more recently I've bought an m4 which is stuck down in the 260ish fps. It has a longer barrel, tight bore etc, and I'm wondering what's the best way forwards.

It can take lipo batterys (high torque gearbox, at least that's what they told me!) So I'm wondering would that be the most simple way out of it? As in get a higher voltage batter to bump up the guns fps.

Or will I have to go changing springs?

Or indeed, is there another method I don't know about? I'd love to push this gun up to around the same as my older one because I can see a difference in the range straight away, and even tho the m4 is much more accurate up to a certain distance, it drops off earlier.

This is all with the standard pellets (0.2g I think?).

Any ideas?

I would go for a spring upgrade. Get a 110 spring and you can cut as needed to tune the fps down in case it goes over 1j

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

First question is the M4 a Tokyo Mauri as these operate at around the 285fps and opertate extremely well if it is do not open the gearbox as the fairy dust will fall out and you will not be capable of putting it bk in.based on it Bing a normal M4 replacement spring is the way to go but before that I would recommend checking the hop up rubber for damage ( youtube for instructions) this would cause the kind of fps drop your experiencing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Before you go buying parts, I'd investigate the method used to downgrade as most Airsoft guns are over the joule "from factory". It may require more than just a spring change.

Advertisement