Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private assessment for Autistic child in Limerick Area(willing to travel though)

Options
  • 02-08-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All

I am getting absolutely nowhere with early intervention team and looking to get private assessment done. I have been waiting for 8 months for final stage of report and it looks like I will not get it any time soon.
    I am getting very upset over that and feel that I have to start doing something myself and stop waiting precious time

Could you be so kind and recommend somebody that does private assessment on Autism(so I was told) that would be recognized by HSE? I don't mind travelling but I am in Limerick area

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Dr Fitzgerald in cork or Dublin! Ask for a cancellation. Just check first that they will accept his diagnosis in your area. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Another recommendation for Dr Fitzgerald.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Laura Regan, Educational Psychologist based in Dungarvan. If you contact Shine in Cork for advice they will give you details and are also an amazing support all round.
    If you can a private assessment it is the best way to go - wondering and waiting is extremely stressful, my thoughts are with you x

Advertisement