Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi - Too cheap?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

You are comparing 2 different boxes, Then again 20ms is hardly noticeable. If the shift time is slow to you I dread to think of what the owners of these cars feel like., they must have all traded in for a BMW.
    • Ferrari 360: 150 ms
    • Enzo Ferrari: 150 ms
    • Lexus LFA: 150 ms
    • Ferrari FXX: Under 100 ms
    • Nissan GT-R: 100ms
    • Aston Martin Vanquish: 250 ms
    • Ferrari 575M: 220 ms
    • Ferrari FXX: Under 100 ms
    • Nissan GT-R: 100ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Have you actually driven a car with DSG or are you just throwing out crap you've read on the internet as if it's personal experience and fact?

Ive been in ISFs (and Auto IS250s) and I doubt many here have. From what unkel is saying the ISF transmission is seemingly third world and 'very slow' which is hardly the case when several articles have it touted as being one of the world's fastest 'automatics' (as in an automatic and not a dual clutch variant), as shown by comparable shift times in other marques above.

No doubt the M-DCT is lightning fast, is it worldly different than the one used by Lexus in the ISF? hardly with just a fraction difference between shift times.- 20ms is hardly noticeable to a human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hachiko wrote: »
    the ISF transmission is seemingly third world and 'very slow' which is hardly the case when several articles have it touted as being one of the world's fastest 'automatics' (as in an automatic and not a dual clutch variant)

Seems we agree after all. I haven't driven one, but I'm sure it's fine and refined and as fast as old skool autoboxes go - fine for a luxury refined saloon

If Lexus want the IS-F to be a performance car, successfully competing with the likes of the BMW M3, they will have to do a lot better than that. But hey, they can't :)

I am put off a M3 due to reliability. I think the ISF is also slightly more livable with in running costs. No doubt the M3 has the heritage but on a race track there will be little to separate them.

I think after watching this you could be inclined to say the ISF is actually a performance car, seems to pass out quite a few German ones too.

*Dale Lomas, serious driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzUboHpmuXM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's get back to the topic, Audi.

Hachiko, banned from thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

So the only thing to look out for is the fact that it's not a Lexus? Got it :)

Thanks for all the replies. The insurance quote and tax have turned me off it.

If I'm paying mental money I may as well get what I want which is an A8.

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rebellion

there is one problem, keeping fuel in that thing and taxing it

Advertisement