Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Recommend Good Free VST (Piano/Strings) For Mac?

Options
  • 02-08-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you could recommend and direct me to a download link for decent Free virtual piano or virtual strings for mac.

I'm not getting much through searching in google and even here on boards similar posts are a few years old.

I usually only use my mac for video editing and keep my audio stuff for my pc but my pc laptop has broken and I need to get some work done asap so I've started using my DAW (Cockos Reaper) on the Mac and everything is great except I can't find a good recommendation for piano or strings and as I only have the mac now (and it's a 2007 macbook 64bit) I don't want to risk just downloading any auld yoke?

If any of you have any thoughts or pointers I'd be hugely grateful.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

There's a huge number of MAC VSTs here at KRV audio
    A lot have reviews and rating and most are free

Not a mac user myself so cant be more helpful sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

The Master wrote: »
    There's a huge number of MAC VSTs here at KRV audio
    A lot have reviews and rating and most are free

Not a mac user myself so cant be more helpful sorry

Thanks a million TM...You've been very helpful.

The problem I'm finding is that a lot of the instruments listed as great for pc and mac seem to be great for pc but either its impossible to find the link to download the mac version or mac users have found them to be not very good on a mac.

There are some things there which look really great so thanks for that link I'll download a couple of instruments there.

Is there anything which has a good reputation as a free strings/piano vst?

Thanks again!

Advertisement