Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help with Mindfactory

Options
  • 02-08-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I have some questions about Mindfactory, which I'll most likely use to purchase components for my PC.
    The build will come to about €890, but is that including VAT? It says VAT is "inkl. UST €141". So is the build really €1030 or is it still €890?
    Secondly, postage to Ireland is €30 per package, but what actually constitutes to being a package? Is it the weight of the components? (So things like my CPU, RAM, Cooler would be of similar size and so in 1 package, or in seperate packages?) I can understand how a case like the NZXT Noctis would have it's own package (as it's just under 10Kg) but I am confused as to how motherboards, PSU's etc. will be dealt with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and here is a list of components for those who are curios:
    Intel Core i5 4460 cooled by the NZXT Havik 120
    MSI Z97S SLI Krait Motherboard, with Dual Channel 8Gb White Kingston Hyper X 1866MHz
    Gigabyte Windforce 3 OC Gaming 1 R9 290, with power from a 750W Thermaltake Smart modular 80+ Bronze PSU.
    All of the components will be housed in the white NZXT Noctis 450, with 4 of NZXT's FN V2 120mm fans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think its just cases they ship from a second warehouse, so shipping us doubled.

You don't need a 750w for that build, I've a 4460 with an OC'd 290 on a 500w happily running away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

inkl. UST = including VAT at 141.0 E.
    Bulky items are shipped from another warehouse so you would probably get 2 packages, doubling the postage (which I think is already unreasonable at 30 E).
    Any other questions regarding German Wall of Text (:P), ask away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Ahh, thanks guys! I was iffy about the PSU, but that's really just a place holder.
    €60 for postage is....steep, but my delusions were something like:
    Mobo:€30
    Case:€30
    PSU:€30
    GPU:30
    Everything else:€30

So cheaper then expectations lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Get the case from one of the Amazon's, should be cheaper

Advertisement