Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand cinema malahide - where was it?

Options
  • 02-08-2015 6:45pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking at a photo in Gilbert and Wright's in malahide of the old grand cinema

Anyone know what street it was on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

I think it was where Supervalu is today. If you are interested there is a book in the library all about the local history.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

themoney wrote: »
    I think it was where Supervalu is today. If you are interested there is a book in the library all about the local history.

There's good information on this site about the old shops in Malahide including "Ma Walshes" Cinema http://www.malahideheritage.com/#!shops-page-1/c1ymq

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yes, definitely where Supervalu is now.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

QX-00632-MALAHIDE-D.jpg

Can place it here, just down from the diamond.
    Never knew there was a cinema there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jimdagym wrote: »
    QX-00632-MALAHIDE-D.jpg

Can place it here, just down from the diamond.
    Never knew there was a cinema there.

That was the picture we were puzzling over :)

So where the butchers/ insomnia are now all the way back to supervalu?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I wonder when the building was levelled - what's there now is one storey.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement