Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Ad-hoc waste disposal

Options
  • 02-08-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

We're minding the house of a friend in Greystones. They have an account with Thorntons. We just missed the regular refuse collection and the bin is full and it's two weeks till the next collection! What are our options??

Can we buy bags from another waste collector? Is there somewhere we can take our waste and pay to have it disposed of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Ballyogan is the place to go>>>>http://www.dlrcoco.ie/media/media,11805,en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Thanks PixbyJohn. The only thing is that they don't seem to accept food waste. How literal is that? If my general waste has a small percentage of food waste but is not mainly food waste, I assume I would be ok???

Do you need to have an account with a waste collector to use their bags that you can purchase in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Anyone can buys bags, no account needed. U just need to know what day they collect.

For ballyogan Just put the food waste in a black back with everything else and then it becomes general waste. I think they just mean they dont have a dedicated area for food waste. Itmight be expensive unless u have a load of stuff from home u have been waiting to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

The purple greenstar bags arent available to buy as single bags anymore so if you go with the bag option you're going to have to buy a roll of 10 which is about €60 or €70...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Ballyogan is a waste of time; if its not plastic bottles they will charge you a minimum 25 euro to dump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Ballyogan is a waste of time; if its not plastic bottles they will charge you a minimum 25 euro to dump.
    Is there a cheaper place?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I find it very usefull. You wont get a small skip for near €25 and i always fill the car whenever i go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

GREAT VALUE ... a car load of waste for €25 and then the free recycling.

Looking at post#2 by John, the range of items taken with no charge goes way beyond plastic bottles. It is one of the better initiatives of local government.
    Long may it continue to service our needs.

Advertisement