Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so 1150 socket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think it means 'socket'

You can overclock on any Z97 board, it's the prefix letter that denotes it, a H97k can't be overclocked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

Cheers, and also for the help on my almost completed order with hwvs:eek::eek:.

I see from another thread that ordering the case from mindfactory brings the delivery cost to 60 quid.
    I was gonna get the fractal define r5 from them but not now.
    I suppose amazon will be the best place to look now.

Yeah their cases ship from a different warehouse, so Amazon is probably best

Use curiua.com to find cheapest Amazon

So heres the order from mindfactory

core i7 4790k (I know i dont need an i7)
    Asus GTX 970 (oc edition)
    Crucial 250gb ssd
    16gb ddr3 ram
    Asrock z97 pro3 mobo
    Corsair 600w non modular psu

Its 1050 quid not including delivery
    Will i need any sata cables or will they come supplied?
    Am i right in thinking i wont be liable for any sort of import duty?

I still need to get a case and K and M - would i get away with a wireless K&M?. Im not gonna be playing online sessions of cod, battlefield etc.

moesyzlak wrote: »
    Will i need any sata cables or will they come supplied? Nope
    Am i right in thinking i wont be liable for any sort of import duty? You won't be liable

I still need to get a case and K and M - would i get away with a wireless K&M?. Im not gonna be playing online sessions of cod, battlefield etc.

You should be able to get by wireless then, generally at the low end wireless stuff is a bit **** but once you're offline you'll be able to adapt to any lag present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

If its just for gaming drop the 16 to 8 ram.

And get another hdd or ssd if you don't have one,Games and windows will eat up that space before you know it.

Just pulled the trigger :):):)
    Now that you mention it i remember reading somewhere that people often overcompensate with ram.
    I have an external 2tb WD HDD (usb 3) which I bought a few years back and will use that to store games on.

E1060 all told, anyone know how long delivery typically takes?

Advertisement