Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Podcast Hosting Sites

Options
  • 02-08-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Hi, guys,

First things first, if this is in the wrong section or is outside the rules in any way, mods, feel free to delete it.

Myself and my friend have been producing a podcast for quite some time now. We've found ourselves jumping through various podcast hosting sites over the last few years. Lately, I've taken over the audio hosting/posting duties, as before this I was the site's main writer. I started by signing up to Podomatic for future episodes, but considering the size of our podcast, I found that we were are quickly running out of space there.

While looking through a few other sites, I'm having a hard time finding a way to post regular shows without paying cash and/or having older shows deleted on a regular basis. Being an independent site, paying to produce or spread our shows is somewhat an impossibility. Any help as to where would be a good place to host our shows or anything other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I haven't looked into it extensively, but Soundcloud now have a podcasting aspect to their site. As far as I'm aware it's free and works with iTunes.

You could also do something like have your most recent episodes on Podomatic, and then as you run out of space, archive the oldest episode to something like MixCloud or SoundCloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Excellent, I didn't realise that soundcloud were now hosting podcasts too. I thought they were made for shorter musical pieces. I'll certainly look into that and see how big/small their storage space is.

Thank you.

Advertisement