Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank or Sky?

Options
  • 02-08-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Long story cut short we received a text on 22nd saying our Sky dd would be taken out on or AFTER 4th. The dd showed up as a debit ( including reducing available funds) my account on 31st but with a date of the 4th. I understand the bank holiday affects dates but I would have said the after would have applied.

Looking for clarity as the bank say its Skys fault for the way they applied and Sky are saying its the banks processing procedure that's at fault.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have never had that happen to me with Sky. Ours is due on the 26th of the month and if it falls on a weekend or bank holiday, its always debited on the next working day. I'm not sure who could be at fault here though, sounds like possibly the bank as I would think Sky apply for their DD's the same time each month. Not very helpful if they are blaming each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

After 6pm (ish?), the banking day is over and the next banking day begins. So on te evening of the 31st, the next banking day (4th) begins and transactions for that day are processed from then. It wouldn't really be either party's fault, per se. Kind of a mixture of both companies' methods/systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Thanks Nervous and Ciarra. I would understand the fact of it being the banks next working day procedure if it applied to all transactions but it doesn't. The other dds and credits go in or out on the actual day or the next working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

General note: Don't troll. Don't respond to troll-y posts on thread. Do not do either when you've been around long enough to know better.

Advertisement