Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just looking for short-term (no-skill required) jobs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 temp.account

Stheno wrote: »
    You don't seem to want any help, you've been given loads of advice, then posted nonsense about how your ethics and need to be respected preclude you from working.

You sound like a workshy person looking for excuses to me.

You've done a degree you've no interest in working in, a course you've no interest in working in, and now you have ethics and respect issues around working.

Do you actually want to work?

or are you content for the rest of us to fund you on social welfare while we work and pay taxes?

At the end of the day unless you want to live a miserable life, you need to work.

Take those ethics and respect issues, get some advice and decide what you want to work in and get a job.

There are plenty of temping jobs/waitressing jobs/ bar jobs/ shop jobs out there.

Stop making excuses for your workshyness.

I'm not 'work shy', you joke. You've misread the thread and gone off on a funny angle. I'm not on social welfare, I'm homeless at the mo.
    I won't respond to you any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's a good suggestion. I'd work in a warehouse.
    But I'm looking more for ways in how to apply for these kinds of jobs. Currently, I have a few websites to check through, but I'm wondering if there's another way. Like is it appropriate to just wander from place to place and simply ask if there's jobs going, even if there was none advertized?

Absolutely. Get some c.v.s knocked up and go knocking on doors.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm not 'work shy', you joke. You've misread the thread and gone off on a funny angle. I'm not on social welfare, I'm homeless at the mo.
    I won't respond to you any more.

I just posted a helpful reply to you about warehouse working, you might want to check it out.

If you are homeless there are a load of supports you should be availing of.

You truly have a despicable attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op have you a licence?

Could you do deliveries for take aways or even a courier firm where you get your own van and deliver for them?

Keep trying and I would suggest try and get work at something you can be happy at if possible.

Op have you a licence?

Could you do deliveries for take aways or even a courier firm where you get your own van and deliver for them?

Keep trying and I would suggest try and get work at something you can be happy at if possible.

I don't have a license, no.

Cheers. The few paying jobs I've had have been extremely depressing, but of course I'm on the search for some place that will at least be tolerable, even enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I don't have a license, no.

Cheers. The few paying jobs I've had have been extremely depressing, but of course I'm on the search for some place that will at least be tolerable, even enjoyable.

If you can get yourself the social welfare supports you are entitled to and get a licence that will be useful.

also if you are currently homeless, have you an address you are using for reference?

If I were you I'd find somewhere to stay, even while homeless you can get benefits and support from social welfare, and once you have a permanent address that will help with getting a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sure. Can I ask what do your work tasks entail?

Taking clothes from customers, putting them in the dry cleaning machine, pressing and ironing them, giving them back out to customers and sometimes give the place a bit of a hoover.

It's just suits, shirts and dresses too. No dirty laundry.

I'll be honest, your posts sound like you're taking the p!ss here. It's just the way there coming across.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Taking clothes from customers, putting them in the dry cleaning machine, pressing and ironing them, giving them back out to customers and sometimes give the place a bit of a hoover.

I'll be honest, your posts sound like you're taking the p!ss here. It's just the way there coming across.

Sure. Believe me or don't. What's the worst thing that would happen. Give out appropriate advice to someone not seeking it?

dobman88 wrote: »

Could I just say as someone who sends in ten items of clothing/suits a month for dry cleaning, that it's a service I love?

I really enjoy going in each month, the cheery greeting I get, the chat about the odd weird stain, and the lovely job that gets done.

Don't put down what you do, I have a great deal of time for my local dry cleaners, and having built up the relationship over time, really appreciate the care they take!

Sure. Believe me or don't. What's the worst thing that would happen. Give out appropriate advice to someone not seeking it?

No in the case of dry cleaning it's destroying very expensive clothes and costing your employer a few grand due to it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

This is surley a wind up that belongs in afterhours. You are unemployed, homeless yet you think you can pick and choose where you will work?

I'm unemployed, and to be honest I'd take a job wiping someones arse for 9 euros an hour. If someone like you gets a job before me, I don't know if I would have the will to live! I've sent out over 200 CVs this year, I got 4 replys. My CV was professionally made and looks the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Restaurants? In back?
    Can I hold my dignity and am I going to be respected? OK I'll work there.
    Dignity and respected are earned by good work, not given on day one.

You mention that you are homeless, but not on social. Any reason why not? Do you have access to a shower, and would your clothes be clean? I ask as if you go into an interview looking unkempt, you won't get the job, and if you hand in a CV whilst looking unkempt, you won't get an interview.

the_syco wrote: »
    Dignity and respected are earned by good work, not given on day one.

You mention that you are homeless, but not on social. Any reason why not? Do you have access to a shower, and would your clothes be clean? I ask as if you go into an interview looking unkempt, you won't get the job, and if you hand in a CV whilst looking unkempt, you won't get an interview.

I'm struck off welfare benefit. I have about 50 euro, plus my cousin gives me a weekly addition of 20 euro. Right now I'm sleeping in the attic of a derelict cottage, but I visit my relatives every fortnight and shower/etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Temp.account based on your previous posting on boards inc. looking for "recreational drugs, broadband providers etc. and your general attitude on this thread I clearly think boards.ie is not where you need to be and you need to approach the appropriate state or charity for support if your even telling half the truth; either way enjoy your vacation from here.

///MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement