Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too young to be sleeping in Cot?

Options
  • 02-08-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have a 10 week old daughter who is getting a bit big for her Moses basket so we are thinking about putting her into her cot. Is she a bit too young? The cot will be in our bedroom and she will not be left unattended plus we have the angel monitors set up as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Nope I know people who skip the Moses/crib and just use a cot. If you wanted get the divider to halve the cot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Nope next time I will be going straight to the cot from hospital! In our room though

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Not too young. My son outgrew his Moses basket at four weeks so went into the cot then. Some people use the cot from birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Not too young though you are advised to keep the cot in the room to around 6 months ASFAIK, reduces the risk of SIDS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Our little one was sleeping 12 hours a night in her moses basket from 3 to 5 months, as soon as we moved her to a cot it took an hour or two to get her to sleep and she wakes up every two or three hours, often taken an hour to get her back to sleep. This is still happing at 11 months old.

We swore that next time, baby is going straight to cot no moses basket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

My daughter was happily in her cot from birth. Didn't bother with a divider or anything either. She hadn't a clue that the other two thirds of the thing existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Never too young for a cot if you have the room. Just make sure feet are to the end of the cot rather than their head to the top. I think this only matters if you are using blankets instead of a grobag but better to be safe than sorry. Also alternate which end you put your baby to, to avoid getting a flat head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Both mine went into a cot & into their own room with an Angelcare monitor at 10 weeks old, everyone (in our family) seems to get a better nights sleep this way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

My son slept in a cot in our room from when he came home from hospital until 6 months, when I moved cot and baby to his own room. I didn't see the point in buying a moses basket for a few weeks use.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

No not at all, had my DS in cot and his own room at 8weeks, he STTN and looked more comfortable than his crib. I found it the hardness with him not be next to me but we all slept better so win win in our house

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Not too young. my eldest was in her cot in her own room from 6 weeks. Second daughter from a few weeks old as well.

Advertisement