Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Razer Naga Molten

• 02-08-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Evening lads, Just got back from a friends there where I was using my Razer Naga Molten mouse, but setting up my PC when I got back, it's not giving any input. It's plugged into a USB slot at the back and the LED lights are on, and it's in the Devices and Printers section listed seemingly as working grand.

However I can't move the mouse, can't use any of the macroable buttons, can't even click. The Razer Naga manager thing also doesn't recognize that it's there.

So, does anyone have any advice? The mouse is starting to fade and break a bit, already the left click double clicks most of the time, and one of the side macro buttons don't work, the usual stuff. But I don't want to get rid of it since I do like it. Should I take it to a computer repair shop, or has anyone on here encountered a similar problem?

As a note, there was some rain moving between the car and my friends house/my house, but it was working fine at his.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Wait, you got rain on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Wait, you got rain on it?

Very little, I'd say a drop or two hit it at best and it wasn't even that heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Moisture in the air when it's raining might have been enough to do some damage if you were carrying it fully exposed. How old is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

all you can really do is unplug the mouse, leave it for a few days and maybe you'll get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i've spilt coke and tea all over mine plenty of times (mx518), unless it actually gets inside the mouse you're grand - it could just be that moving it around weakened the connection at the base or plug - if it's an old mouse and has a lot of use behind it it might just be a coincidence too that it's gone bust at the same time as you were bringing it to a mates gaff

• Advertisement

Sorry I forgot to put how old it is lads, I'll have had it for four years in a few months. Surprising that the double-clicking problem has only came up in the last two months, the mouse has been fairly sturdy for a Razer one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Had the double-click problem on my Copperhead after about 4 years, but no connection issues to speak of.

My guess is that it's old and not worth getting repaired. Just replace it.

strelok wrote: »
    all you can really do is unplug the mouse, leave it for a few days and maybe you'll get lucky.

It seems I did get lucky following your advice! My mouse is back working now.

For those of you saying I should replace it, I do want to hold onto this mouse for a while longer due to the euro/pound conversion meaning that getting the new Razer Naga Epic would cost me about 100-110 euro, and I'm currently saving for The Phantom Pain.

Advertisement