Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomshare tenant needing documentation for student financing

Options
  • 02-08-2015 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I got a new tenant in my shared flat at short notice, 5 days ago, old tennant had to move.

My new tennant needs a proof of residence for her student financing and the landlord's agency cannot be reached.
    What would be the best way to document the situtation without the landlord's input?
    Almost all of the ~150 appartments here are shared and people take care of vacant rooms themselves, so the new tennant being on the lease at some point is just a formality.

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I think you're going to have to get your new roommate to call them up and ask what they accept. No point in us saying "write a letter saying they moved in" if they won't accept it as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MacEifer

Unfortunately I'm on a different timetable as I'm flying home tomorrow, so I was hoping for some input as to what others have tried/ accomplished in similar situations as I won't have time to find that out and then react to that. If I can get that information I basically have an hour lunchbreak tomorrow to set that in motion. If not, I still have nothing and my co tenant's deadline goes over.

Advertisement