Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danielson tests positive

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Where is the outcry on here given the treatment of SKY ?

Shane Stokes ‏@SSbike 1h1 hour ago
    Danielson news is huge; let's hope team doesn't stop over one rider. JV suggested before it might

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/08/tom-danielson-reveals-positive-test-for-synthetic-testosterone/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭happytramp

MPFG wrote: »

Shane Stokes ‏@SSbike 1h1 hour ago
    Danielson news is huge; let's hope team doesn't stop over one rider. JV suggested before it might

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/08/tom-danielson-reveals-positive-test-for-synthetic-testosterone/

Come on, why bring sky into this? This thread has literally nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's only been an hour since the thread was started, on a bank holiday Monday morning. Everyone is out riding or entertaining the kids !

Not looking good so. Although it's interesting to see that he's taken directly to twitter rather than let the team and his lawyers issue statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Vaughters hasn't said a word on twitter about this, but others are being less than sympathetic :

https://twitter.com/SRichardsonCW/status/628123805936959488

It will be interesting to see how other parties react during the day.

On the one hand you would have to be brain dead stupid to try this again, and TD's twitter plea sounds genuine (but they always do.....) and he does deserve the testing of the B sample at least. On the other hand, we've heard it all before and he is already going with the ' usual excuses '.......the damage to the team could be huge if this has happened under Vaughters watch.

https://twitter.com/fmk_RoI/status/628138832387514368

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Iaaf are so happy at this news

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Russman

What exactly would you like people to say, that will make you feel better, within an hour of the story breaking ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can we leave Sky out of this thread please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Until B sample is tested, is this not doping speculation? :pac:

Or can we speculate like Klondikers given he's a past doper?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

el tel wrote: »
    Until B sample is tested, is this not doping speculation? :pac:

Or can we speculate like Klondikers given he's a past doper?
    It's a discussion on what Danielson has stated in public. He is not going to be suing Boards for a discussion he initiated when he stated he tested positive. Anyway, back on topic please

Well, I think his A sample failed an out of competition test. Call it intuition, or a "hunch" for short.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Be interesting to see what JV has to publicly say on this? Will the sponsors walk away now as he had always claimed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Be interesting to see what JV has to publicly say on this? Will the sponsors walk away now as he had always claimed?

Will he walk away? His reputation is at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

This is from an article published in the NY Times on June 25th...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/sports/cycling/us-cyclists-fight-to-spread-their-message-were-clean.html?referrer=
    Shortly after retiring, Vaughters launched a developmental cycling squad dedicated to ethical competition. That team has since evolved into Cannondale-Garmin. Early on, the team implemented a stringent doping policy that remains today. If a rider is caught doping, the whole team will be fired.

I appreciate they all live in different parts of he world, but you'd think riders should get all their supplements supplied from the Team centrally to avoid this problem/excuse. Maybe they do already, in which case I'll shut up now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I appreciate they all live in different parts of he world, but you'd think riders should get all their supplements supplied from the Team centrally to avoid this problem/excuse. Maybe they do already, in which case I'll shut up now

It doesn't matter a flying **** who supplies their supplements. People caught doping blame supplements all the time, because they're liars and cheats. I'd put my house on it that this had nothing to do with supplements and everything to do with Danielson cheating.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bad news for a bunch of Irish riders if JV folds the team, Ryan Mullen (confirmed), Eddie Dunbar (rumoured), Dan Martin (transfer out unconfirmed)

That team won't fold.

Brian? wrote: »
    It doesn't matter a flying **** who supplies their supplements. People caught doping blame supplements all the time, because they're liars and cheats. I'd put my house on it that this had nothing to do with supplements and everything to do with Danielson cheating.

But contaminated supplements have on occasion been found to be reason for persons failing tests though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

But contaminated supplements have on occasion been found to be reason for persons failing tests though.

ones on teams approved list?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So cyclist, or any athlete for that matter, fails drugs test and says 'i am innocent', haven't heard that before.

Only in 99.9% of cases.

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on him being a cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I'm expecting a headline one day
    "Cyclist not doping shocker"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The entire team has pulled out of the Tour of Utah, Tom was the defending champion. Terrible news for Ryan Mullen

On what occasion?

they/them/theirs

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The entire team has pulled out of the Tour of Utah, Tom was the defending champion. Terrible news for Ryan Mullen

Thats a bit of a silly move. Whats it going to achieve?

Thats a bit of a silly move. Whats it going to achieve?

It's been done before. I think it's the right move. Danielson should be ashamed of himself.

they/them/theirs

Big blow alright but given he was in London yesterday he may have struggled

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Never mind, I'm wrong. Was reported incorrectly by Neal Rodgers.

• Advertisement

Never mind, I'm wrong. Was reported incorrectly by Neal Rodgers.

Yeah, it's just TD who's pulled out. Vaughter's probably won't get away with avoiding the media for much longer.

Advertisement