Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out flat and light bulb

Options
  • 03-08-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I rented a flat for more than two years now, and when I moved in some of the light bulb weren't working, so I had to buy some so I can see something.

Now that I'm moving out, some of them aren't working anymore and my question is that if I actually should replaced them before I move out of the flat or I should just leave it as it is ?

Does the landlady can take money from my deposit to replaced the faulty one ?

Thanks for your answer !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Replace the faulty bulbs and leave with a clean record, it is not a costly exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

Good to know, but it's quite annoying to have to buy them when I moved in and they are halogen and at 15euros the light bulb, it became pricy quickly :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Replace the faulty bulbs and leave with a clean record, it is not a costly exercise.

It can be, depending on the bulb!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

just replace with the cheapest ones you can find? B&Q were doing energy savers for less than 6 euro last time looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

If they went during the tenancy you surely would have replaced them. My own place for all it's fault has Led light in all the rooms. Only bulb I have had to replace in over two years is the one over the bathroom mirror. Pretty good by my reckoning. My mom is forever replacing bulbs in her house. Terrified of the energy savers you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

superMarco wrote: »
    I rented a flat for more than two years now, and when I moved in some of the light bulb weren't working, so I had to buy some so I can see something

Did you inform the landlord at the time?

From a landlord's perspective I think it pretty bad form to rent a property without the light bulb's checked to be in working order. It really doesn't take long to make a check, and it's a relatively low cost to repair.

skallywag wrote: »
    Did you inform the landlord at the time?

From a landlord's perspective I think it pretty bad form to rent a property without the light bulb's checked to be in working order. It really doesn't take long to make a check, and it's a relatively low cost to repair.

I don't recall telling the landlady about that, but at that she used the services of a real estate company to handle the flat. And he told me " I didn't make any note of light bulbs not working, that's up to you to discuss with landlady if you wish to bring it up. "

I don't want to be picky, just to know if I have to replace them.. I guess I will :)

Thanks for the answers !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Look at the cheapo Tesco bulbs. Some of the LED bulbs will also be good.Once they're working when you leave, who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

even if they are halogen, they can be had for E1 IIRC in argos and probably Dealz, euroshop etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

http://www.dealz.ie/gu10-halogen-bulbs-2-pack

2 for e1.49 if you are near one

• Advertisement

Thanks dude ! going to buy them there :)

Advertisement