Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic gates - lock

Options
  • 03-08-2015 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello All,

We have a set of gates driven by FAAC hydraulic arms. I've noticed that there is what looks like an electrically operated lock mounted on the end of one of the gates but does not seem to be operating. A lock receiver is mounted near, but not lined up with the lock (see picture attached). We recently had work done to the tarmac & I suspect the receiver wasn't replaced properly.

My question is should the lock be closing (i.e. locking) when the gates close over? We've already had one of the hydraulic arms replaced & I suspect that it may be because the lock is not operating & any force applied to the gates is borne by the hydraulic arms alone.

Obviously if we want the lock to be operating we'll have to move the lock receiver & have the gate controller modified to use the lock.

Many thanks,

Leo

Advertisement