Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I order from? And more build help.

Options
  • 03-08-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello, I posted a thread here about a month ago, asking for help in regards to building a gaming PC. (URL is separated so I can post links, just right-click "Go to")

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95872812

I was about to order recently but I noticed Hardwareversand.de was acting strangely, upon investigation it would seem the site is going down. So basically is Mindfactory.de any good and if not where should I order from. Does it cost extra to order through PayPal?

Also here's a screenshot of my basket (excluding an R9 270X), is this build still okay? I mainly want it for playing games, but I'm not hugely hardcore, the most intensive game I could see myself playing is Fallout 4.

goo.gl/vwrHcz

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Good.gl link doesn't work but if it's the second last post in your other thread then its fine with a 270x

Mind factory is grand, just get the case from somewhere else like Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jameschaplin zero

Good.gl link doesn't work but if it's the second last post in your other thread then its fine with a 270x

Mind factory is grand, just get the case from somewhere else like Amazon

i.imgur.com/3oqanRf.png

This work?

Thanks again.

Yeah sound build, I'd get aWD Blue instead of Green but no odds really.

Getting case from Amazon will knock €30 off delivery price

Yeah sound build, I'd get aWD Blue instead of Green but no odds really.

Getting case from Amazon will knock €30 off delivery price

What's the difference between Blue and Green?

Green is slower basically, they're backup drives for stuff you're not constantly read/writing to

• Advertisement

Green is slower basically, they're backup drives for stuff you're not constantly read/writing to

Thanks, also the cheapest I can get a case on Amazon(including shipping) is €42, so should I just order from Mindfactory?

What a tenner in the difference? It's from a different warehouse so will be a separate package anyways, so your call

What a tenner in the difference? It's from a different warehouse so will be a Deirdre package anyways, so your call

Yeah alright, thanks for all the help man. :)

Sorry I didn't realise that made no sense :pac: No worries, best of luck with it

Sorry to bump this thread, but I now have all the items except the case(coming from Amazon) and the graphics card(CEX). I noticed they now list it as out of stock on their website and when I went to inquire I found there's no phone numbers I can find for any of their individual stores. I sent them an email yesterday but they still haven't gotten back. If CEX don't have an R9 270x, where's the best place to get one, and what type do I need?

• Advertisement

Adverts is generally good fire second hand cards

Adverts is generally good fire second hand cards

I'm guessing I need one that says MSI because of the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm guessing I need one that says MSI because of the motherboard?

Nope, you don't have to match branded components to similarly branded motherboards unless you're going for a certain colour scheme and they match or something.

grindle wrote: »
    Nope, you don't have to match branded components to similarly branded motherboards unless you're going for a certain colour scheme and they match or something.

Really? Then why are they branded at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Really? Then why are they branded at all?

Marketing

Hey I was thinking about returning the i3 and buying an i5 instead. Should I do this and if so, which version i5? Thanks.

Also CEX don't have a 270x but I was thinking of buying the 280x instead since they have it for a good price. If I were to replace the i3-4160 with an I5-4460 and 270x with a 280x would I need a stronger psu than 400w? Thanks again.

i5 4460 is the one you want yeah

I'd go for a 450w or 500w minimum, I ran a 4460 with a 280X off a 400w for a few months no bother, I just didn't like it running so high so I switched up 100w

i5 4460 is the one you want yeah

I'd go for a 450w or 500w minimum, I ran a 4460 with a 280X off a 400w for a few months no bother, I just didn't like it running so high so I switched up 100w

I have the money for this build, should I go for it?

I'd say go for it yeah, you'll have the upgrade bug in about 6 weeks anyways :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd say go for it yeah, you'll have the upgrade bug in about 6 weeks anyways :pac:

Haha thanks. Any recommended 500w PSU's?

BeQuiet, SeaSonic and Corsair make solid ones.

I personally like BeQuiet, as they're quiet. My Corsair one is the loudest part of my build, after the GPU

BeQuiet, SeaSonic and Corsair make solid ones.

I personally like BeQuiet, as they're quiet. My Corsair one is the loudest part of my build, after the GPU

amazon.de/quiet-Pure-Power-L8-CM-530W-Netzteil/dp/B005JS580A

Is this one good? It's 530w, modular and relatively cheap on Mindfactory.

Semi-modular, not that it makes any difference, but yeah that'll be sound.

Semi-modular, not that it makes any difference, but yeah that'll be sound.

Thanks man. I'l necro the thread again if I need more help, haha.

No worries, best of luck with it :)

No worries, best of luck with it :)

Hey, I actually meant to ask, will the motherboard be fine considering the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Same socket so should be no worries :)

Is the motherboard good, by the way. I've read one review saying that the H81m-p33's ports are too close and if that's going to be an issue then I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra.

• Advertisement

It's got 4.8/5 or something on Newegg, which is the No.1 American store, so it can't be too bad.

There's heaps of H81M or B85M board around €50-60 anyways, they'll all have identical features so if you spot one you think is better, go for it.

The P33 is my go to for recommendations as I know the name is all :o

Advertisement