Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre peeled potatoes

Options
  • 03-08-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Heya lads, just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in town that sells pre peeled potatoes. Planning on making up some meals and freezing and I absolutely hate peeling them!! Life would be great if I could have spuds everyday without the thoughts of having to do it!ha

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Don't know about pre peeled but ardkeen stores do a mashed potato and garlic potato (which is lovely ) in a carton two minutes in microwave and winner winner chicken dinner☺

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I got pre-peeled potatoes in Musgraves, you need a card for there. They were vile and whatever chemical is sprayed on them didn't come off when washing them and the chemical flavour stayed on the potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Just peel the fucking potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The OP made me think of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭silverbella

longshanks wrote:
    Just peel the ****ing potatoes.
    I'll pay you to peel my potatoes....still better than the thoughts of doing it myself!!

Thanks to everyone else, I was thinking about how they'd stop them going brown alright :/ maybe I'll just pop over to the mothers to visit around dinner time instead!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

The OP made me think of this:

Sure why would you peel new potatoes? Just ate then shkin and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Long shanks master peeler of potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Buy a cylon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Try Kervicks in Ballybricken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

try scallons food factory they may be able to order them in for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is this the future? Pre-peeled pre-chopped veg for lazy bastards?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Is this the future? Pre-peeled pre-chopped veg for lazy bastards?! :pac:

It most definitely is. Gone is the day of the mammy or the wife at home preparing your dinner.

They last thing I want to do after a days work and training at 10.30pm is to and start peeling and chopping veg from scratch. Pre cleaned and chopped are great for those who still want to eat healthy but don't have the time to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

They last thing I want to do after a days work and training at 10.30pm is to and start peeling and chopping veg from scratch. Pre cleaned and chopped are great for those who still want to eat healthy but don't have the time to prepare.

or we could just all change our approach to working hours etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

It most definitely is. Gone is the day of the mammy or the wife at home preparing your dinner.

Thing is though the healthy bit goes out the window quite quickly for the sake of laziness. Or do you think the peeled potatoes keep that healthy freshly peeled look all by themselves?

Lets be all honest here. Whats so friggin important that one can't peel potatoes for like 3 to 5 minutes. Its eating into our couch time is it? Seriously what is the world coming to...

And in your particular case. Mmmh, 10:30pm and having a full blown meal - pre-peeled or not - is probably not terribly healthy in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Thing is though the healthy bit goes out the window quite quickly for the sake of laziness. Or do you think the peeled potatoes keep that healthy freshly peeled look all by themselves?

Lets be all honest here. Whats so friggin important that one can't peel potatoes for like 3 to 5 minutes. Its eating into our couch time is it? Seriously what is the world coming to...

And in your particular case. Mmmh, 10:30pm and having a full blown meal - pre-peeled or not - is probably not terribly healthy in any case.

Well I truth be told a rarely eat potatoes, but would by buy pre peeled/chopped carrots, broc, onion etc throw a mix veg bag in the micro for 2 mins and you have steamed veg.

Eating at 10.30pm is better than not eating at all. I lived in Spain for many years and they eat dinner at 10.00 and live longer lives than we do in Ireland.

You just have your larger meal in the afternoon and have a smaller low carb meal at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Well I truth be told a rarely eat potatoes, but would by buy pre peeled/chopped carrots, broc, onion etc throw a mix veg bag in the micro for 2 mins and you have steamed veg.

Eating at 10.30pm is better than not eating at all. I lived in Spain for many years and they eat dinner at 10.00 and live longer lives than we do in Ireland.

You just have your larger meal in the afternoon and have a smaller low carb meal at night.

Ye I'm not a fan of microwaves but I understand your dilemma when home this late. Thing with the Spaniards is they probably won't go to bed at half 11. Its not the late eating as such. Whats unhealthy is leaving your body with all that digesting to do when asleep.

Advertisement