Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Headset

Options
  • 03-08-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey all,

Looking for recommendations on some decent headphones, needs to have a mic.
    Sick of buying cheap headphones for 10 bucks that last only a few months at a time.
    I would be willing to pay up to 50 euros.

I don't have an over the top sound card nor am I madly interested in perfect sound quality,
    Just want a good DURABLE set with a mic.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Hyper cloud X II
    I have These just love them light well built and comfortable. Also have astro a50s for my ps4 and these match up without a doubt.
    They are a little over the budget but you may find them cheaper elsewhere don't forget 10% discount on amazon today so 60stg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I find it hard not to recommend Steelseries Siberia V2's. I've been using them going on 1 years I'd say now, and only on my second pair. That's pretty good durability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'd go with Doc's recommendation, I bought a pair on sale in GameStop recently. Surprised with how good a quality they are and the mic boom retracts when you don't want to use it. Get them in some funky colours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TheDoc wrote: »
    I find it hard not to recommend Steelseries Siberia V2's. I've been using them going on 1 years I'd say now, and only on my second pair. That's pretty good durability.
    So 2 pairs in 1 year....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Taylor365 wrote: »
    So 2 pairs in 1 year....

:pac:

Yeah that is weird, my Siberias are 2 years old now, 1st pair. I love them too much to get another, but it'll most likely be another Siberia. The only thing I find is, the new Siberias are not different enough to the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I bought a pair of Plantronics GameCom 780 about two years ago now and can't fault them. Comfortable (to me at least) after long sessions and good quality sound. The mic is very clear also I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Another alternative is getting a ModMic and a decent pair of headphones. For a dedicated pair through you can't go too wrong with the Siberia or Plantronics.
    Avoid the Razor Krakens if at all possible. Tried a pair on last week and almost had to laugh out loud in the shop at how uncomfortable they were. Two big circles on the sides of my head with no ergonomics to them at all. Maybe they mold over time but they really left a bad impression on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

I would go on the separate solution also.
    You need to go to a shop and try a good pair of headphones. You will never go back to Plantronics, Razors, Steelseries and Logitechs...
    A very special headphones for their money, are Superlux HD-665.
    You can find them in thomann.de for 47€.
    Later on, by a ModMic, which is modular and can be attached on (almost) any pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

cadete wrote: »
    Hyper cloud X II
    I have These just love them light well built and comfortable. Also have astro a50s for my ps4 and these match up without a doubt.
    They are a little over the budget but you may find them cheaper elsewhere don't forget 10% discount on amazon today so 60stg

I second these. Had them about a year and a half now. Best head set ive had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

..Brian.. wrote: »
    I bought a pair of Plantronics GameCom 780 about two years ago now and can't fault them. Comfortable (to me at least) after long sessions and good quality sound. The mic is very clear also I'm told.

I have a GameCom 380 I think, but yes, I'm very happy with the build quality so far. Would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Wizard! wrote: »
    I would go on the separate solution also.
    You need to go to a shop and try a good pair of headphones. You will never go back to Plantronics, Razors, Steelseries and Logitechs...
    A very special headphones for their money, are Superlux HD-665.
    You can find them in thomann.de for 47€.
    Later on, by a ModMic, which is modular and can be attached on (almost) any pair.

Can't see any reviews for the 665, how do they compare to the 668?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Can't see any reviews for the 665, how do they compare to the 668?
    They share the same capsule as far as I know. Differences are in the design only.
    668s are a good solution also, highly reviewed by many users

Advertisement