Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Remington MSR Precision Rifle

Options
  • 03-08-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

came across this new rifle last night.

Bolt action.

Released for civilian use just recently in US, apparently costs a packet.

Cals. 7.62 x 51 to .338LM.

http://www.tacretailer.com/2015/03/12/remington-drops-a-tactical-bomb-on-the-civilian-market/

Also new improved version of M24 Remy 700 B/A called M2010.

Don't know if anyone has noticed the MSR over here, I certainly didn't until last night.

Just a curiosity for me, but thought someone might like it.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

yubabill1 wrote: »
    , apparently costs a packet.

The US army paid $80 million for 5,150 of them (to include 5 million rounds of ammo). Allowing for the ammo to cost at most $2 per round that means each rifle cost them $13,500. Even if that includes the scope it's a lot of money alright. Although those numbers are only what i could find and not numbers that have been released by the army.

The Accuracy International would be my choice over the Remmy at that price. The Ax series such as the AX308 or AXMC. For the same $13,500 you'd get the rifle, scope and a as many rounds as your little heart can shoot. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'm told that 80% of ALL AI AX-series rifle sales are made to the USA.

The boys in Portsmouth are laffin' all the way to the bank.

tac

Advertisement