Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for posting a reply.

Options
  • 03-08-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭

I have corresponded with Jep the moderator on the sequence of posts below.

I am astounded that I was banned by Jep for two weeks,and I believe Jep has over reacted to an analogy.

Jep contributes to this particular thread and others on a regular basis.

And I strongly feel that his opposing views to mine,have contributed to his over the top reaction.

Copy of posts...

"dxhound2005
    Quote: gladrags
    Did you ever hear of Lord Haw Haw.?

Or the other fascist Eoin O'Duffy.?

They both excelled at blueshirt type fascist propoganda.

"One nation alone, and one who at present is again subject to the slanderous press-campaigns of the British-Jewish propagandists, has never concealed its sympathy with the Irish people and their just cause – the German nation. Hitler has done more for Germany than any other leader in the world.”
    – Eoin O’Duffy

A bit of oul' propaganda. The only Irish people who ever collaborated with the real Nazis was the IRA.
    2 hours ago
    03/08/2015 13:50

gladrags
    Quote: dxhound2005
    A bit of oul' propaganda. The only Irish people who ever collaborated with the real Nazis was the IRA.

"Eoin O’Duffy’s reputation as one of the villains of Irish history is rooted in his role as leader of the Blueshirts, Ireland’s fascist movement during the 1930s, when he modelled himself on Benito Mussolini and declared his admiration for Adolf Hitler.

But as this new documentary reveals, O’Duffy was much more than an Irish fascist.

As a ruthless IRA leader during the War of Independence, a close ally of Michael Collins, the Garda commissioner who helped shape the force today and the first President of Fine Gael, O’Duffy was a complex and contradictory character – and one who played a central role in the creation of modern Ireland.

With access to previously unseen documents, including O’Duffy’s unpublished memoirs, Eoin O’Duffy – An Irish Fascist provides a riveting and revealing insight into one of Irish history’s most intriguing characters.

The documentary explores the personal motives that drove O’Duffy throughout his life: from his impoverished childhood in Monaghan to his revolutionary republicanism; and from his leadership of Fine Gael and the Blueshirts during the 1930’s to his final days as a Nazi sympathiser during World War Two."

http://presspack.rte.ie/2006/12/05/hidden-history-founding-fathers-eoin-oduffy-an-irish-fascist/

The founding father of FG was a mate of Mussolini,the Italian fascist,a friend of Mosely the British fascist.

His fascist blueshirt army in Ireland supported and admired the Nazis.

Your megaphone type posts come across in the same mode as Lord Haw Haws and O'Duffy.

A "we are coming to get ye" mentality.

The point I was making was that the poster,whose views I am familiar with,came across as threatening in his posts.

Nothing personal,and given the level of direct personal abuse in threads moderated by Jep,that go un-noticed I find his ban extremely harsh and uncalled for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi gladrags

we take claims of mod bias very seriously here.
    Please note though that mods are actively encouraged to participate in their forums, so we will not be discussing that here.

Please confirm you have followed the chart above, that you have attempted to resolve this with the mod in question?
    If you have please forward on all related PMs and I'll then begin my review.

Thanks
    Taltos

OP from the lack of response I'm assuming you don't want to proceed with the review so I'm going to request this be marked as resolved in a few days.

Admin can you please close this - after nearly 3 weeks there has been no responses to the queries above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement