If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet dvd/blu ray player?

Options
  • 03-08-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads, 

Could you recommend a quiet dvd player? 

Am looking to replace a samsung bdf 5100 which makes serious noise when playing a disk (there is a really appreciable difference in noise level when turn off the samsung)   

The tv has smart functions so not that concerned about the dvd player having them as well - just one that I can hear the movie and not the player!!  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

macjohn wrote: »
    Hi Lads, 

Could you recommend a quiet dvd player? 

Am looking to replace a samsung bdf 5100 which makes serious noise when playing a disk (there is a really appreciable difference in noise level when turn off the samsung)   

The tv has smart functions so not that concerned about the dvd player having them as well - just one that I can hear the movie and not the player!!  
    HI Macjohn,

Is the player a few years old, and possibly faulty? Has it always been as loud?

Most current Bluray players are very quiet when running, so to get something to replace what you have, I'd suggest the SOny BDPS4500 -http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201220-bdps4500.aspx at €114.95 / £72.95 including delivery

This model is one we have on display in the shop, so we know it is quiet running. you are welcome to come into the shop if its handy and you could have a look at a few models

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Thanks for that Brian.  

Have the samsung since summer of 2013 but it never got much use until now.   IIRC it was always a bit loud - but really loud now.  Will check but prob out of warranty at this stage. 

Thanks for the recommendation on the Sony - will prob go with that if (as expected) the current one is out of warranty. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for that Brian.  

Have the samsung since summer of 2013 but it never got much use until now.   IIRC it was always a bit loud - but really loud now.  Will check but prob out of warranty at this stage. 

Thanks for the recommendation on the Sony - will prob go with that if (as expected) the current one is out of warranty. 
    Hi macjohn.

No problem at all.

Drop us a post when your ready and we'll get you sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Thanks for that Brian.  

Hi macjohn.

No problem at all.

Perfect thanks.   

The seller of the samsung made a vague comment about "hearing some negative comments on that model"  ( but it is out of warranty ) and I was to give him a day and he took my number.   Not holding my breath waiting for the call!! Not even sure what/who he was going checking

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for that Brian.  

Hi macjohn.

No problem at all.

Perfect thanks.   

The seller of the samsung made a vague comment about "hearing some negative comments on that model"  ( but it is out of warranty ) and I was to give him a day and he took my number.   Not holding my breath waiting for the call!! Not even sure what/who he was going checking
    Hi Macjohn.

Let us know the out come and if you do require a NEW player we can take it from there.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.