Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant won't move out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

cerastes wrote: »
    I'll have a read through the sections in detail later, I did find something else on the PRTB website but I still rather see it in the act myself.

Under section 58, it says
    "must be effected by means of a notice of termination that complies with this Part"

It seems vague as to what part its referring to, there is no reference there to section 62 as you have mentioned. Section 25 AND 26 which are mentioned refer to other things although section 26 may refer to it in someway by not reducing the rights of the tenant.

The Act is broken into parts, of which Part 5 "Tenancy Terminations — Notice Periods and other Procedural Requirements" is one. The sections 57-74 compose this part, so section 62 is a requirement for a valid termination notice. 25 and 26 are called up for Part 4 but as I have said, section 57 says it applies to all tenancies covered by the Act including those with Part 4 rights.

Advertisement