Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find an artist

• 03-08-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

How do I find the artist known as "Dallas" circa 1934?
    Any help appreciated
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Dalcassian wrote: »
    How do I find the artist known as "Dallas" circa 1934?
    Any help appreciated
    Joe

Do you have a painting signed 'Dallas'?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dalcassian

A friend of mine is doing research into a painting that is signed "Dallas". I believe it's country scene with cows and hills. Don't know if it is a print or watercolour.
    That's all I know. Oh and the date 1934.
    Dalcassian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Dalcassian wrote: »
    A friend of mine is doing research into a painting that is signed "Dallas". I believe it's country scene with cows and hills. Don't know if it is a print or watercolour.
    That's all I know. Oh and the date 1934.
    Dalcassian

I did a bit of looking online, and Dallas is a Scottish surname. Any chance you could post a shot of the picture.. someone might recognize the scenery.

It often happens where Im from, that someone will buy a print or sometimes a painting at a car-boot sale. The artist could be someone who was visiting from the UK, or living here for that matter and would paint the local scenery.

Advertisement