Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Cork city- safe areas

Options
  • 03-08-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I work at UCC and I am looking for accommodation to rent for myself in South of River Lee- Cork city.

I want to know the areas in Cork that are safe. I do not have a car and usually walk or use public transport.

How is the Togher (The lough) area? What about other areas that I should opt for and the ones I should try and avoid?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cork in general is very safe. The lough is fine. A lot of students are there, it's on a bus route or you can cycle. Others places to rent nearer UCC are College road, dennehys cross, magazine road and the City centre. Turners cross too, but you would need a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Wilton, Glasheen, Dennehys Cross. All perfectly safe along with most areas on this side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Wilton, Glasheen, Dennehys Cross. All perfectly safe along with most areas on this side of the city.

Personally i think being near wilton is handy, as you have the shopping centre, multiple bus routes and easy cycling or walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There's nowhere I'd describe as unsafe! The odd dodgy park but nothing to be worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

It'd be quicker to list what's UNsafe in that vicinity: parts of Togher. And I emphasise "parts". Most of Togher is grand or really nice.

What would concern me far more about that general area is noise at night from students - it's handy for UCC, CIT and CUH, so there's a huge amount of student accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Personally I'd go for Turner's Cross / Ballyphehane and take the 30 minute walk, you're out of the way of most of the student population that way.

Does it have to be Southside? Sunday's Well, Shanakiel out of the question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Had0ken

Personally i think being near wilton is handy, as you have the shopping centre, multiple bus routes and easy cycling or walking distance.

Way too far if you are a student. That is a very long stumble home from the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Had0ken wrote: »
    Way too far if you are a student. That is a very long stumble home from the pub.
    Did it several times a week! Not a bother!

Advertisement