Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan Harriers 5 Mile - 12th September 2015

Options
  • 03-08-2015 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

All,

It's all change at Lucan Harriers this year. We have changed a lot about our annual race but alot stays the same. The distance is now 5 miles, the race is in conjunction with Lucan Festival, we also have a kiddies event for the children.

The race starts at 11am, on Saturday 12th September. It will start at our club house on the Newcastle Road, opposite Supervalu. As always the race finishes on the track, which gives to a great finish.

Enter now on www.precisiontiming.net for the great price of €15 online & €20 on the day. There will be goody bags, refreshments & prizes in all the usual categories.

I will shortly have a route & will post. Hope to see lots of boardsies there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

All

just reminder of the Lucan Harriers 5 mile race which is just over two weeks away now.Everything coming together nicely, the goody bags, spot prizes, refreshments etc. I was trying to post the link but not working for me, it is on our facebook & website.

Entry is on www.precisiontiming.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

is there a route map Birdsong? I tried clicking on the link on the Lucan Harriers website but it just brings you to a google drive login page, thanks :)

I'll try to upload tomorrow when on laptop, can't do on tablet.if your on Facebook, there is a photo of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Birdsong wrote: »
    I'll try to upload tomorrow when on laptop, can't do on tablet.if your on Facebook, there is a photo of course
    yes thanks I found that after I asked here :)

With just a few days to go to the Lucan Harriers AC 5 Mile Race, just a reminder to all on boards.ie that you can enter for €15 on www.precisiontiming.net & €20. There is no parkrun in Griffeen on Saturday next, so a big thanks to all there for their support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Hi Birdsong

Quick question if I may in relation to the route, and not running related sorry.
    I have a game fixed against Lucan Sarsfields for 11:30 at their clubhouse at 12th lock.

Not that familiar with the location so was wondering if you would know about the location and if we will actually be able to gain access to the pitch

Good luck with the run on the day of course.
    cheers

I don't anticipate any problems accessing Lucan Sarsfield, maybe give your self a little extra time, but we will be finished on that road at 11. 15 I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Could you post some directions from the M50 for us bogmen please:)

Could you post some directions from the M50 for us bogmen please:)

IF you come off the M50 on to the N4, Galway/ Sligo road, take exit 4, which is the Adamstown exit, coming up through one round about, with Supervalu (superquinn of old) is on your right, up slightly passed that and Lucan Harriers is on the left, you will see the signs there. There is limited parking at the club house, but there is parking in Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

This was a nice race, and quite flat. Twisty enough in parts. I enjoyed the first few miles in particular.
    Lucan did a great job, hopefully the numbers pick up a bit next year. Still, first year for the revised version of the race.
    On a personal note, I need to find 43 seconds to get under 30 for 5 miles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Great race, really enjoyable. Start and finish on the track is a nice touch. More than enough stewards, nice and flat for the most part, just a couple of short climbs. The announcer at the end was super, really helped eke out a little bit more effort from the finishers. Great spread afterwards too

Couple of (very minor) criticisms:
    • Very difficult to hear the announcer at the start, speakers were pointed the wrong way. The "3-2-1-GO!" took quite a few people by surprise
    • While the spread of baked goods were fantastic, it was surprisingly hard to find! I went back to the clubhouse and almost left before I remembered it existed. And when I did find it, it looked like I was pretty much the first one there
    • *That* turn on to the slippy bridge. Could do with a bit more warning
    Otherwise, really great, definitely be back in the future

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Thanks for the feedback, will take it all on board, and build on the race for next year. We were blessed with the day, especially after yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Good show Lucan, good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dsenna

Have to say well done to all, from a middle of the pack runner , enjoyed the course, plenty of marchals all offering encouragement , great finish on the track

Advertisement