Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 3/8/15

• 03-08-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭

Lesnar slated to appear, Not sure about Taker

10 bell salute for Piper to open I'm sure and plenty of other tributes

Stone Cold podcast with Paige on the network after the show

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Some dude on Reddit printed about 3000 "Cesaro Section" signs for tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

Nice opening pyro. Is that new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

A thank you Rollins chant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J or J?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Brock Lesnar is the man

• Advertisement

Imagine the pop if Lesnars music hit. Won't happen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

paulie21 wrote: »
    Imagine the pop if Lesnars music hit. Won't happen though

i know but it would be sweet, He would s**t himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Would have preferred if it was El Torito than Nevill tbh.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That was a very very large 2 count...did Rollins forget to kick out?!?

Ps: what a match!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wow they couldn't make Neville look any stronger without winning. I actually thought he had it at one stage.

• Advertisement

Punk v Cena over 3 years ago was the last time the title was defended on Raw I think.

Xavier on the outside continues to be one of the best things in WWE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Someone should have googled the Divas' "submission sorority" name before putting that name out on Raw.

Ryder sighted!

Heyman is gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

For once I actually enjoyed Miz Tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just watching now, i'll start by saying i think we all can say wwe do a lot of things wrong at times, but man, tribute videos aint one of them, i taught savages video was great, but pipers nearly topped it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Heyman's promos have long passed diminishing returns for me, but he was so good last night.

Heyman just gets better and better, that promo last night was just brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sky I don't see why you think wrestling fans wanna see a show on sky arts for their erotica season. They might have to start showing that on sky sports 5 if they lost the La Liga rights :p
    Btw I really like Rusev's new fist pumping taunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A bit of a filler episode as we approach Summerslam which probably explains why this thread is only two pages, but I thought there was some good in-ring action and considering there was no Cena or Taker I thought it was fine.

I would be concerned that with a four-hour show on the horizon there does seem to be a lot of matches still to be made to fill that four hours, but overall I thought the Neville/Rollins match and the tag team bout at the end provided enough action to make it a good show.

P.S. I can only imagine the look of disgust on Vince's face when Owens sat up and the chair was stuck to his rear end. I'm not someone who cares a lot about physical appearances but he does look to have gained a lot more weight than when he first debuted and that can't bode well for his future prospects.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"filler episode" is too common a description nowadays. It's not that the show was bad. Its just that very little happened.

We got the title vs title announcement, and confirmation Stephen Amell will be at Raw next week. Otherwise, no stories really advanced at all and the rest of the show was utterly missable.

Still, I adore Arrow, so now I'm hyped for next week :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Still, I adore Arrow, so now I'm hyped for next week :D

Yeah like i said before on here somewhere, he better bring Felicity with him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only got into Arrow recently but enjoy it too so it'll be cool seeing Amell. He seems like a big wrestling fan too so he shouldn't be too cheesy like other celebrity guests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

P.S. I can only imagine the look of disgust on Vince's face when Owens sat up and the chair was stuck to his rear end. I'm not someone who cares a lot about physical appearances but he does look to have gained a lot more weight than when he first debuted and that can't bode well for his future prospects.

But it was just what he was wearing stuck to or got caught on the chair. Nothing to do with his size.

I enjoyed the episode. Why Rollins thought El Torito was the only one who fit the description, I don't know. Though considering it was an open challenge for the WWE WHC, why did it take longer than an ad break for someone to respond. You'd think everyone would be rushing for the chance.

Did Los Matadores ever turn full heel or was that idea abandoned?

I know it's all about PR, but would've preferred if they didn't advertise Stephen Amell for next Monday and just have him turn up, interfering in a Stardust match. Don't think we'll get Emily, but I'd say we'll get her and maybe other cast members at Summerslam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stephen Amell should feel right at home on a WWE show with all the flashbacks/recaps they show as many as Arrow. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The Cena piss take shirt Rollins wore last night has a much much better back than front. Shirt should have been the other way around.

rsz_w10205b_zpsdtlj6u8d.jpg

Its on their shop page here

http://shop.wwe.com/Seth-Rollins-%22U-Can't-C-Knee%22-T-Shirt/W10205,default,pd.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Stephen Amell should feel right at home on a WWE show with all the flashbacks/recaps they show as many as Arrow. :P

Could imagine for Arrow on Sky if they came back from a break and recapped what happened before the break. Then do the same again later on to show what happened earlier, just to show how it ties into the final act of the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Remember when these threads were 10 pages plus on a tuesday morning?

Advertisement