Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Domestic home Alarm??

Options
  • 03-08-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

My alarm needs a new main panel and keypad, I've got everything else but wondering whats the best one to get. I'd really like to have one that allows me to log in remotely via my phone.
    Are HKC any good or over the top? I would like the possibility of adding a camera too in the future.

Cheers

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Its really down to yourself. I like HKC for their wireless gear and very user friendly app and keypad. They are an Irish company and assembly of the gear is done up in Dublin. Its €60 a year for the push notifications and SMS texts. You get texts using a WiFi card or a GSM or both to back each other up. PIR cameras are being tested.

Risco is another good brand with excellent wireless gear and an app that provides push notifications but like HKC youll have to pay for text and voice alerts. You can't get a text over the Risco WiFi card so you'll have to use a GSM unit to get your text or voice alerts. I think they are an Israeli company but Ireland deals with the UK.

Have a look at what gear they manufacture.
    HKC.ie and Risco.com

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would be worth your while having a look over the sticky here if you are looking at apps & self monitoring, there are massive differences in costs & notifications times if your network is down.

My preferences would be Siemens/Vanderbilt & GSD . IMO their apps give the best notifications without the need for subscriptions etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OP there are many such threads here that you can look at.

Also WRT apps you can read the sticky and make your own mind up, we like to keep discussion about the apps on the sticky as they derail the threads even though many users don't seem to be that bothered about them.

for those that are , its all in the sticky.

Advertisement